• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Segura has 6 hits tonight

I used to think the Napoli trade was the worst, but how about the Dan Haren trade? Corbin, Skaggs and Saunders for Haren. I think we threw somebody else in too. All 3 of those guys are pitching at the major league level right now. Skaggs got a win yesterday vs TX, Corbin's been on fire, Saunders is certainly no worse than Blanton. You know the worst thing about that trade, the year we made the mid season trade for Haren, didn't even finish above .500.

I think if there was a bright outlook on the team right now, the future, the farm system, etc...

...all this would be a little easier (though not tasty) to swallow.

Right now though, it's hard not to feel pity.

Nothing like your ex losing some weight, looking hot, and is suddenly unresistable to everyone.

Meanwhile you're at home playing XBox...with a friend of a friend of an MLB player.... 

Oh, it was your choice to break up.

I used to think the Napoli trade was the worst, but how about the Dan Haren trade? Corbin, Skaggs and Saunders for Haren. I think we threw somebody else in too. All 3 of those guys are pitching at the major league level right now. Skaggs got a win yesterday vs TX, Corbin's been on fire, Saunders is certainly no worse than Blanton. You know the worst thing about that trade, the year we made the mid season trade for Haren, didn't even finish above .500.

at the time most analyst felt we fleeced Arizona on that trade.  We got production from Haren for two years and they get production now.  The only reason why it was a bad trade is because we failed to make the post season.  The trade itself wasn't bad, the timing was.  We were out of contention when the trade went down.  Then the following year we banked on Wells, Abreu, and Morales coming back from an injury.  

You can put all of this on the Greinke trade. But remember, prior to picking up Greinke we extended both Aybar and Kendrick. So even if we didn't trade for Greinke, I don't see Segura even getting his chance on our club. He would have been playing somewhere else and doing the same thing. At least he is not doing this in the AL.

He was blocked. I have no problem with the trade. I get more pissed when we don't get someone like Manny Ramirez or Miguel Cabrera because Brandon Wood is "untouchable".

Nothing wrong when you trade a chip to make a run but the chip plays way over his head. Good for him.

Here is what would have happened if we kept Segura

He'd have started the year in the minors and he'd probably have raked

He would have been called up to replace aybar when he was injured.  Lets say for shits giggles he did well. 

He'd be sitting on the bench when Aybar came back and he'd have about 70ab. 

Every time Aybar did something stupid we'd have flurry of posts about how he should start. 

We might have one more win that we do now.

This.

The blocked argument is ridiculous IMO. We could have gotten more for him in the offseason -- preferably somebody who wasn't going to be an FA in 2 months without the ability of getting a draft pick as compensation if he signed else where.

Ya, I was not against trading Segura entirely. But the Angels got just north of nothing out of that Greinke trade.

And considering Didi Gregorious got Trevor Bauer in return, I hate to think what we could have had if we traded Segura elsewhere in the offseason.