• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Claude pr0n

Taylor

6 hours ago, eligrba4ever said:

Gerrit Cole will NOT sign with an organization deep in the swamp of a blowing-up drug scandal. Neither will any other top-tier free agent. We might end up re-signing Cahill.

Withoutt naming names, 2 guys who currently play for houston come to mind, who dabble in the booger sugar.

Lol... dude, honestly, NOBODY except us and at times your dodger/oakland buddy (and mariner fans that visit this site) are going to talk about skaggs after this week.

In all honesty, other teams fans didnt care when it happened... much less why... other sport's fans even less. Its only a big deal to us.

5 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

Difference is that the Dodgers have no issues spending all the way to the luxury tax limit. Arte seems to stay around $20M-$25M below that. 

5 hours ago, Lou said:

dodgers arbitration projection is about $50M.  Pollack and Kelly are due raises if $16.5M between the two.

That's an additional  $66.5M total. 

This.

The dodgers intentionally got under the tax for a reason. They ended up not making as much off the media deal as they thought they would.

This isnt to say they wont sign Cole. Just that yes, theyre in a great spot, dont expect them to go full steinbrenner.

5 hours ago, eligrba4ever said:

I wish I was joking, but I'm not. Depending on how this stuff unravels, no top player will want to voluntarily join this crew. They have agents and lawyers who can explain things that should be obvious.

Again, Ill just point out here, Cole or anyone else isnt going to give a Fuq that people on the Angels were doing drugs.

In all honesty, you know who would?....

Albert.

And its not like he was in a position to stop it. Or probably even knew.

A decent majority of this board knows an addict / a wife beater / a person whos come close to suicide, etc without ever knowing. Baseball is no different.

My skepticism that fallout from the Skaggs-Kay drug scandal might hurt the Angels pursuit of free agents has rankled a few here.

My critics may be correct and it will all be just fine with the likes of Cole or Bumgarner or whoever. Maybe Denial really is just a river in Egypt.

Players and agents always worry about their personal "brands." Those brands are valuable and the farther from drug scandals the better.

I hope this thing is limited to Kay, as far as the front office is concerned. But it will be investigated  I hope no other key players were involved.

The other shoe will drop, however, and probably pretty soon.

5 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

My skepticism that fallout from the Skaggs-Kay drug scandal might hurt the Angels pursuit of free agents has rankled a few here.

My critics may be correct and it will all be just fine with the likes of Cole or Bumgarner or whoever. Maybe Denial really is just a river in Egypt.

Players and agents always worry about their personal "brands." Those brands are valuable and the farther from drug scandals the better.

I hope this thing is limited to Kay, as far as the front office is concerned. But it will be investigated  I hope no other key players were involved.

The other shoe will drop, however, and probably pretty soon.

Rankled? Nah. Just skeptical. 

Its not like guys are afraid they’ll become an addict just by being in the locker room. 

If the problem runs deeper, players will get the help they need and enablers higher up will be dropped from the organization. That will have nothing to do with the reputations of players on the field.

25 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Either these guys are Facking with us or they know something. 

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3978559002?__twitter_impression=true

This might be the first time where more than 1 teammate has said or talked about a specific player and their free agency

Yep.

“Cole’s going west....he really likes pitching in Oakland.” Oakland won’t be paying him, but you know who plays in Oakland a lot?

“He’s gonna sign with the Angels.”

Cole, “I grew up rooting for the Yankees and Angels.” He turned down the chance to be a Yankee already. 

Also Cole, “It’s awesome being able to hug your mom after the game.” You mean your mom who has season tickets at Angel Stadium?

It is happening. All that’s left is the paperwork. 

26 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Yep.

“Cole’s going west....he really likes pitching in Oakland.” Oakland won’t be paying him, but you know who plays in Oakland a lot?

“He’s gonna sign with the Angels.”

Cole, “I grew up rooting for the Yankees and Angels.” He turned down the chance to be a Yankee already. 

Also Cole, “It’s awesome being able to hug your mom after the game.” You mean your mom who has season tickets at Angel Stadium?

It is happening. All that’s left is the paperwork. 

Not necessarily.

Brandon Crawford, who just so happens to have a couple of World Series rings in his jewelry box.

“That’s what I want,’’ Cole says. “I think about it all of the time."

New York. Cold weather,’’ he says. “It will feel very Octoberish. That’s when you’ve got to perform your best, in October.

"It’s the biggest stage. And it’s the most fun. I just wish it could be the postseason all of the time.

7 hours ago, eligrba4ever said:

I wish I was joking, but I'm not. Depending on how this stuff unravels, no top player will want to voluntarily join this crew. They have agents and lawyers who can explain things that should be obvious.

Even if someone is hesitant, all it takes is one Facetime with Mike Trout sitting next to Ohtani sitting next to Joe Maddon with a table full of Benjamins and said player will be like "What drug scandal?"

19 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

This.

The dodgers intentionally got under the tax for a reason. They ended up not making as much off the media deal as they thought they would.

This isnt to say they wont sign Cole. Just that yes, theyre in a great spot, dont expect them to go full steinbrenner.

LOL at SportsNet LA still not being in a lot of SoCal homes

17 hours ago, John Taylor said:

Even if someone is hesitant, all it takes is one Facetime with Mike Trout sitting next to Ohtani sitting next to Joe Maddon with a table full of Benjamins and said player will be like "What drug scandal?"

"Oh, and did we mention INO burgers?" - us

"And did they mention INO fries?" - the yankees.

Edited by ten ocho recon scout