• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

L.A. Times Skaggs illustration: Tasteless?

Taylor

5 hours ago, Tank said:

who hurt you, YK? who sucked all of the compassion normal people have right out of you?

I dont like drug abusers. I think it is idiotic what Skaggs did that night, whether he died or survived. There is no other word for it than idiotic. 

I think it is moronic to treat him like a fallen hero.

Not only did he kill himself, and leave a wife behind.  He has put the Angels organization in a terrible place. Where the organization is going to be spending huge amounts of time and energy defending themselves 

Time and energy that should be spent developing a winning team.

But by all means, let's shower him with patches, memorials, pitching mound tributes,  and hashtags. 

I woke up this morning,  I'll be going to work, provide for my family. Because I used common sense last night.

Skaggs died, left behind a widow, choking on his own vomit,  because he is a moron.

But I'm the bad guy. 

3 hours ago, yk9001 said:

I dont like drug abusers. I think it is idiotic what Skaggs did that night, whether he died or survived. There is no other word for it than idiotic. 

I think it is moronic to treat him like a fallen hero.

Not only did he kill himself, and leave a wife behind.  He has put the Angels organization in a terrible place. Where the organization is going to be spending huge amounts of time and energy defending themselves 

Time and energy that should be spent developing a winning team.

But by all means, let's shower him with patches, memorials, pitching mound tributes,  and hashtags. 

I woke up this morning,  I'll be going to work, provide for my family. Because I used common sense last night.

Skaggs died, left behind a widow, choking on his own vomit,  because he is a moron.

But I'm the bad guy. 

Not a bad guy, an insensitive asshole. 

12 minutes ago, RBM said:

I think there is a middle road here @yk9001

I too feel frustrated by his death because it was a selfish act.  And it feels like you have this hardened stance because of your own personal experiences. I too have felt this way when similar bad decisions affected my family but I found it's best to keep an open heart. I hope you find your way to that place in your own personal circle.

I have nothing but compassion for Tyler's family, loved ones, friends and teammates.

And you think it is out of bounds to mention, in the form of an editorial cartoon, that people (Angels org, baseball, population in general - it is unclear to me who the 'blind eye' is supposed to represent) have turned a blind eye to the substance abuse that goes on?

I won't judge Skaggs because he partied, Lord knows I did my share of partying when I was younger.

The cartoon depicts some sort of evil that has overtaken the Angels and I don't believe that's the case.

Angels should try to clean it up on road trips if that's what is going on though. Hard to imagine players are at their best after a night of pills and booze.

15 minutes ago, Jay said:

I won't judge Skaggs because he partied, Lord knows I did my share of partying when I was younger.

Yeah but were you getting paid millions of dollars to play a game with an organization that has invested in you while just getting married?

Thats the difference.

9 minutes ago, RBM said:

My response to you, hoping you find a better place, was due to this post:

"Skaggs died, left behind a widow, choking on his own vomit,  because he is a moron."  I feel like the hate comes from your personal experiences and I hope you find your way to acceptance.

I don't hate him.

I don't genuflect because he's passed.

Partying like he did, with the substances he ingested, is moronic behavior.  That's my opinion.  Moronic.  Can't be any dumber.

Doesn't mean I hate the guy.

Edited by yk9001

The Angels drafted him, traded him, then reacquired him. They Angels invested a lot in him and the fans waited out the Tommy John surgery rehab process. After all that he chose to be irresponsible and paid the ultimate price. He left his family, his teammates, the Angels organization and their fans all hanging. Sad but true. It was all his fault. 

13 hours ago, yk9001 said:

I'm waking up in the morning because I'm not doing a bender tonight, so it's all good.

Dude grow up, acting like a coddled child. Millions of people abuse painkillers across America and function normal ass lives. He got a bad batch of oxy that was cut with fetanyl and died. I’m not advocating drug use or that Tyler should have been doing that as a professional baseball player with a lot of people that loved him, but popping an oxy is pretty minor when it comes to drugs... You’re treating him like he’s a criminal. 

I dont like it at all, its based on assumptions not in evidence. 
We dont know if the team knew, we dont know how he got them, all we know is that they killed him.  The other day i read about a guy getting busted with enough fentanyl to kill a small country, it cant be that hard to get if you want to.   
IF the org knew, thats another argument, but until or unles we know that to be factual, its irresponsible it perhaps the best word i would use. 

9 minutes ago, floplag said:

I dont like it at all, its based on assumptions not in evidence. 
We dont know if the team knew, we dont know how he got them, all we know is that they killed him.  The other day i read about a guy getting busted with enough fentanyl to kill a small country, it cant be that hard to get if you want to.   
IF the org knew, thats another argument, but until or unles we know that to be factual, its irresponsible it perhaps the best word i would use. 

The "blind eye" guy is purposely non-descript.  He isn't wearing an Angels hat.

If nothing else, I think we can all agree that society in general has taken a blind eye to this kind of substance abuse.  Can we not?

21 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

If nothing else, I think we can all agree that society in general has taken a blind eye to this kind of substance abuse.  Can we not?

He might be, but the others are not.
I think we have taken a blind eye to many things, substance abuse, mental illness, homelessness among them but yes, i agree on that point. 
Its sad to me that the moment they said they were delaying the results, we all knew what was coming... we know, we just dont want to know. 

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

The responsible everyday Joe who gets up to go to work each day to make a living to pay his bills and to feed his family doesn’t have time to worry about some irresponsible athlete. There’s a huge market for illegal drugs. Why? Because there are a lot of available customers. Tyler Skaggs death was tragic but it won’t move the MLB needle because it’s a single occurrence. They’re still racing and training horses at Santa Anita. Everyone will get past this when Arte brings in some new horses. 

A1B3D22E-77BE-4A95-97FF-1EB7675D0209.jpeg

Edited by Calzone 2

48 minutes ago, Palomar said:

I believe in free speech most definitely but this is just irresponsible.  At least have the balls to write a scathing article instead! Speculation is now all over the place and that is not helping, only hurting the situation, the team, and Tyler's family.

What is the speculating part of that cartoon?

3 hours ago, yk9001 said:

He's holding an Angel hat. The implication is that he took it off to clearly reveal that he's wearing a blindfold.

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

What is the speculating part of that cartoon?

Speculation that Angel players and/or the organization has some direct kind of culpability in Tyler's death.  It's like everyone is suspect or responsible in the organization according to the cartoon.  There may be someone in the organization who knew Tyler was taking pain pills but ultimately Tyler made the decision he did to mix with alcohol.