• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

L.A. Times Skaggs illustration: Tasteless?

Taylor

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't believe any of the "players" there are meant to represent Skaggs, or any person in actuality. I think it's saying that all of those things are "players" in the MLB and on the Angels and all of them are "deadly" in their own way. That's my interpretation of it, at least.

Still, could have been done without the shock value. That in and of itself is indeed tasteless.

If it was all MLB it wouldn't have included all three of the causes of death along with an Angels logo. This was definitely targeted at the Angels and using Skaggs death. 

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Im trying to understand the point it's attempting to make. The multiple players in Angel uniforms seems to imply that there are many players on the team with 'a problem' and many who know about it but are covering it up or ignoring it. That is a pretty strong accusation to make in a cartoon without any journalistic backing. One might argue that they are saying that this is a league wide or sports wide problem, but if that is the case why is every player in an Angels uniform? 

Edit: Looking at it more I think it is trying to put blame on the team itself for what happened to Tyler, implying that his demons were around for all to see but no one paid any mind or did anything about it.

That's exactly what he was doing, in a bizarre and creepy way - his point wasn't that the things that killed him are alcohol, fentanyl, oxy - everyone knows that - the point he was making in that hideous drawing was that people - presumably "the team"  and/or his family and friends, ignored his use/mis-use of the other three things - that his cause was death was equally those people.  

Make no mistake, it's an accusation - and it's not about "MLB" or "society at-large" - it's an accusation directed at the people around Skaggs - and it's really offensive without evidence.

10 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

This pic or whatever you want to call it is a total rip on the Angels organization. Very tasteless and untrue imo. 

It will all come out in the investigation if it’s totally untrue. If there was an Angels employee involved then it’s likely that a few other players knew of his existence. 

9 hours ago, Tank said:

I think he could’ve made his point better by not having an Angels logo present. He seems to be specifically criticizing the Halos when this is likely a much wider issue than just one player on one team.

If I were a member of Skaggs family, I’d be terribly offended by this.

They had a son who was doing drugs that would make a skid row bum blush.

I think they have bigger worries.

It cracks me up the bubble you guys live in. That a guy who died from choking on his own vomit and was taking serious drugs to the point of overdosing, is worthy of season long tributes, patches, hashtag slogans, mound decorations and the like. The outside, non bubble world doesn't see it that way. They see Skaggs as one in a long line of opioid abusers. Some are athletes, some are not.

It shocks you that not everyone is genuflecting.

You oughta get out of your bubble a little bit. 

Skaggs died from a cocktail of stimulants and depressants. In his party clothes. In his hotel room.

The star player said he was "shocked" about Skaggs.

The manager said he had to google the word "fentanyl" , because gosh, he had no idea.

To non bubble people, they can see that as turning a blind eye.

To bubble people, it's "disrespect" and " how dare they? " and "take their press passes away".