• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is all this talk about getting Cole a hindrance?

Torridd

1 hour ago, Torridd said:

I know as fans we have no control who the team acquires, but everyone in MLB knows the Angels need pitching and that Cole is a Cali guy. Could this backfire in some way?

You mean if people didn’t talk about it then no one would know the Angels need pitching and Cole is from OC?

I think it can certainly backfire in the sense that fans will be more upset if he doesn’t sign, but I don’t think any of it has any impact on the people who are actually involved. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

6 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

You mean if people didn’t talk about it then no one would know the Angels need pitching and Cole is from OC?

I think it can certainly backfire in the sense that fans will be more upset if he doesn’t sign, but I don’t think any of it has any impact on the people who are actually involved. 

I just think Cole who works for the Astros and is on a serious run for a championship shouldn’t be saying anything until his teams season is over. 

5 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

I just think Cole who works for the Astros and is on a serious run for a championship shouldn’t be saying anything until his teams season is over. 

I agree. He isn’t really. 

He’s never publicly said anything about wanting to play for the Angels or any other team (that I’ve seen).

27 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

What are you basing this off of? Do you have inside information?

Asking for @beatlesrule

51 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I agree. He isn’t really. 

He’s never publicly said anything about wanting to play for the Angels or any other team (that I’ve seen).

Well I sure hope Arte, Eppler, Cole and Boras got the Angelswin memo. He’s already set to be in our rotation next season. 

F672492D-39D6-4F5E-A598-81577C7DF4C6.jpeg

depending on the circumstances, I'll probably be bummed if we don't get him.  

Not because of the expectations created here but because he'd be such an important piece for this team to win over the next few years.  

Only once every two or three years does a pitcher of his caliber become available and it just so happens that there are other elements that make him a great fit.  AND we've got the money to get him (at least it seems that way).  

I think we can start being relevant again as a possible division contender and at the very least a WC team if we get him.  If not, then I am much less confident 

1 minute ago, Baghdad Strad said:

How in the world can this be a hinderance?  If so to whom?  

I don't think hindrance is the right word.  He's not coming here or going somewhere else because of fan hype.  

It'll boil down to what he thinks is his best for him and his family over the next 6-7 years.  Location, money, winning, sentimentality probably all plays into it to various degrees.  

1 minute ago, RBM said:

At this point it's 0% hinderance and 100% hope. We really do need something positive to hope for right now. 

I really don't want to spend any more time going down the rabbit hole getting depressed about picking Matt Thaiss #16 overall in the 2016 draft...

That explains why you brought it up again (just busting your balls) 

54 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

depending on the circumstances, I'll probably be bummed if we don't get him.  

Not because of the expectations created here but because he'd be such an important piece for this team to win over the next few years.  

Only once every two or three years does a pitcher of his caliber become available and it just so happens that there are other elements that make him a great fit.  AND we've got the money to get him (at least it seems that way).  

I think we can start being relevant again as a possible division contender and at the very least a WC team if we get him.  If not, then I am much less confident 

Until we pick up Calhoun's $14M option and sign Felix Hernandez to an $18M deal hoping he can get back to his prime days..... ?

18 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

Well I sure hope Arte, Eppler, Cole and Boras got the Angelswin memo. He’s already set to be in our rotation next season....

If we send the Memo to Boras, we need to make sure there is a # with a lot of zeros on it....

How is it a hindrance ? If they don’t get Cole it is in a real sense a loss.  That doesn’t mean that the club did anything wrong because it’s going to be tough to get him.  They’ll have fuc*ked up if they don’t put their best foot forward to get him.  I don’t expect that and if it were the case I’m not sure we’d ever really know.  

Arte has to be flexible enough with the payroll that they can work several tracks at once.  Obviously they can’t just let their entire offseason be dictated by 1 guy.