• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

https://www.si.com/college/2015/08/21/tyreek-hill-oklahoma-state-football-domestic-violence-battery-plea-agreement

Former Oklahoma State Cowboys running back Tyreek Hill pleaded guilty on Friday to punching and choking his pregnant girlfriend and received three years of probation, reports Kyle Fredrickson of NewsOK.com.

What a role model!  Chiefs fans must be so proud!

The article is from 2015.

As a sports and NFL fan the draft was a nice change of pace from nothing new or current being aired in the world of sports.  Wasn't real sure about Denver's second round pick going with another WR but obviously they want to give Lock as much help as possible.  On paper they addressed their needs through the draft now it's just a matter of seeing how if any of those picks pan out.

1 hour ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

I wonder if this will lead to some sort of discipline from the NFL?  How is this different from Ray Rice or Kareem Hunt?

It's from when he was in college. He was disciplined then, apologized, and has made the most of his second chance.

Nate likes to dig for old shit about the Chiefs, whether accurate or not. He's got some hard on for the team even though Tyreek wasn't even on the Chiefs when this incident happened.

This is the equivalent of liking the Angels even though they had a pedophile in Chad Curtis on the team.

But I dig these life trolls that pull up old shit. It's like the losers that pull up some comedians Twitter posts from seven years ago and want to condemn them.

All good. Just a bummer we won the Super Bowl, but had the only roster in the league with a dickhead while everyone else was clean as a a whistle with no issues. We even released Kareem Hunt when he was a top RB in the league before any investigation, but everyone wants to focus on the negative from when he was a college kid. I'm sure Tyreek feels the weight on his shoulders being the only guy in the NFL to do something bad at one time. It's got to be quite the burden getting more attention than Aaron Hernandez or Rae Carruth.

Glad everyone's team is spotless and with great character guys. Maybe we can add a Kobe rape, Chad Curtis pedophilia, or one of the many OJ Simpsons, Jim Browns, or Lawrence Phillips of the world.

14 minutes ago, Brandon said:

But I dig these life trolls that pull up old shit. It's like the losers that pull up some comedians Twitter posts from seven years ago and want to condemn them.

All good. Just a bummer we won the Super Bowl, but had the only roster in the league with a dickhead while everyone else was clean as a a whistle with no issues. We even released Kareem Hunt when he was a top RB in the league before any investigation, but everyone wants to focus on the negative from when he was a college kid. I'm sure Tyreek feels the weight on his shoulders being the only guy in the NFL to do something bad at one time. It's got to be quite the burden getting more attention than Aaron Hernandez or Rae Carruth.

Glad everyone's team is spotless and with great character guys. Maybe we can add a Kobe rape, Chad Curtis pedophilia, or one of the many OJ Simpsons, Jim Browns, or Lawrence Phillips of the world.

You're justifying his actions. 

He beats women - even if they're pregnant.

He's a piece of shit, regardless which team he plays for. He's a piece if shit regardless of his occupation, for that matter.

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

You're justifying his actions. 

He beats women - even if they're pregnant.

He's a piece of shit, regardless which team he plays for. He's a piece if shit regardless of his occupation, for that matter.

Not at all. I'd never say what he did was right. The Chiefs vetted him (even spoke to the prosecutor in his case) and thought he cleaned up his act, and he has.

I don't condone what he did, but he's made the best of a second chance. If no one gave me a second chance or I had dumb shit held over my head from when I was a dumb kid I'd never have succeeded. I'm cool with cracking jokes, as I would on anyone else. I just kind of laugh at how far some of you look or reach to make a point no one cares about. Even Nate posted false info in a different thread on the guy. Just funny to me.

17 minutes ago, Lou said:

The Chad Curtis analogy is off base. Us he a piece if shit? Definitely.

But Angels fans didn't cheer for him after finding out he was a pedo. 

I guess I could have gone with Skaggs, Tony Phillips, Glaus and Spiez roids, Hamilton, DeCinces, etc.

Honestly, who cares? I don't look up t athletes or hold them to some higher level. They are mostly dumb, but have cameras on them all the time to cover the dumb shit they do. I bet there are dudes here that have done the same shit but it's not in the media.

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

No, just that all athletes aren't choir boys and squeaky clean.

Nobody thinks that 

Hill is on another level altogether.  Punching your pregnant gf in the stomach makes you a 1st ballot POS HOFer.

That's a lifetime honor. 

I didn't read the story, only saw the headline and assumed that was new info.  My bad.  I agree with both Lou and Brandon.  All teams likely have degenerates and we continue to support the team even when the team doesn't do the right thing.  Hill is a fucked up person and is probably 1st team All-pro in this regard.

Back on draft talk:  Rams did solidly for not having a 1st rounder, generally rated in the middle of the draft rankings.

• Round 2, (pick 52): RB Cam Akers, FSU.  -  Solid runner and pass catcher for Free Shoes U. in 2019
  • Round 2, (pick 57): WR Van Jefferson, Florida. - Potential to improve on college numbers
  • Round 3, (pick 84): LB Terrell Lewis, Alabama. - Love his potential.