Can we evolve out of this crap? Fundamentalism

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

Uhh yeah. 

For my daughter's soccer shit I volunteered to do the banner for each game. Coach little league. Help out with basketball. Kids school. 

Is this still the case? I know they did away with a lot of write offs when they changed the tax code. I used to be able to write off miles for work, but they took that away. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife, aunt and sister passed away 3 months ago.

My buddy was going to be a teacher. His first day of student teaching was at Katella High. He was doing a lesson and asked a young girl to answer a question. She said “I don’t know.” He pushed and ask

This happened in Utah County, the heart of Mormonville. While what the sub said and did wasn’t surprising, I’ll look at the positive side of things regarding how the three young girls and the principa

Posted Images

Just now, st1ckboy said:

Is this still the case? I know they did away with a lot of write offs when they changed the tax code. I used to be able to write off miles for work, but they took that away. 

Yeah the fucking biz mile deduction for W2s is gone but the charity miles and medical miles is still live

2 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

That does seem like a really weird opinion. That's saying all the people that volunteer for youth sports to be coaches, or refs are defective. 

yep, that was my first thought, too. little league, pop warner football, travel team sports, YMCA, youth leagues, AYSO, etc.

i'm guessing nate loaned his costco sized "all evangelicals are alike" blanket to arch.

19 hours ago, the dude abides said:

Yikes. That's an awful POV and speaks to the way the issue has been tackled by the church.

17 hours ago, Lou said:

Yikes. That's also indefensible.

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

It just sucks that the mileage rate is so low. Wonder if the IRS will buy that I drove 146K miles volunteering last year

If they don't, just let them know you volunteer at Santa Anita because you love horses

When the kids were in Boy Scouts we had receipts and mileage that racked over $15k a year. 

The Boys Scouts used to have no Gay leadership rules. Evidently they had some internal tracking of abuse that directed them to avoid any further damage through potential predators. Sad to hear they tried to cover up these cases instead of prosecuted the s.o.b.s. 

3 hours ago, Adam said:

Just a reminder to take advantage of the tax code - you can deduct $0.14 per mile you drive for volunteering plus all expenses associated with volunteering. Shoes, clothes, food, drinks, etc...

I wrote off the $2,500 we spent on fostering six kittens.

On 2/11/2020 at 1:50 PM, Adam said:

I'm fucking sending my kids to private school

I live in an area with too many Mexicans, too.  

Private school is tough on the wallet, but it’s better than really tan grandchildren and having to open presents on Christmas Eve in my twilight years.

On 2/11/2020 at 1:52 PM, Blarg said:

When the kids were in Boy Scouts we had receipts and mileage that racked over $15k a year. 

The Boys Scouts used to have no Gay leadership rules. Evidently they had some internal tracking of abuse that directed them to avoid any further damage through potential predators. Sad to hear they tried to cover up these cases instead of prosecuted the s.o.b.s. 

On 2/11/2020 at 1:54 PM, Lou said:

Ok, who's going to spike this set? 

5 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm happy you were allowed in, Blarg.

• 3 months later...