Sign in to follow this  
Angelsjunky

Can we evolve out of this crap? Fundamentalism

Well I do think Tank picked up on the key point, that it was after a bunch of other "transgressions"--although even so, this is probably not the straw that you want to break the camel's back. And of course it is a private school, with a clear religious ethos--so why go to such a place if you don't agree with its core tenets?

That said, it doesn't mean we can't make fun of them for their rigid ideology and intolerance. I mean, you just got to love this sentence: “The WA Administration has been made aware of a recent picture, posted on social media, which demonstrates a posture of morality and cultural acceptance contrary to that of Whitefield Academy’s beliefs." 

I mean, how dare that child have "cultural acceptance?"

11 hours ago, arch stanton said:

This can't surprise anyone. I mean, Tank gets paid for it but anyone who voluntarily hangs out with other people's middle school aged kids has to be mentally or emotionally defective or maybe both

There are a lot of good people who volunteer and who aren’t defective. They aren’t getting near the attention they should right now because of the pervs.

11 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I'm sorry. If you're volunteering to hang out with other people's stupid kids then you're defective

wow. what made you so jaded?

8 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

That does seem like a really weird opinion. That's saying all the people that volunteer for youth sports to be coaches, or refs are defective. 

Blind counts as defective right? 

Just a reminder to take advantage of the tax code - you can deduct $0.14 per mile you drive for volunteering plus all expenses associated with volunteering. Shoes, clothes, food, drinks, etc...

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Just a reminder to take advantage of the tax code - you can deduct $0.14 per mile you drive for volunteering plus all expenses associated with volunteering. Shoes, clothes, food, drinks, etc...

Does that include coaching my kid's T-ball team?

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

Does that include coaching my kid's T-ball team?

Uhh yeah. 

For my daughter's soccer shit I volunteered to do the banner for each game. Coach little league. Help out with basketball. Kids school. 

Just now, st1ckboy said:

Depends on how good they are. What's their record looking like?

We haven't played any games but nobody's pissed themselves yet so I guess that counts for something.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Uhh yeah. 

For my daughter's soccer shit I volunteered to do the banner for each game. Coach little league. Help out with basketball. Kids school. 

Duly noted. Thanks for the pro tip.

Just now, Lhalo said:

We haven't played any games but nobody's pissed themselves yet so I guess that counts for something.

Just don't tell Blarg they all get trophies at the end of the season.