• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Today in the Bay Area

nate

apple's new campus just got final approval.

the spaceship cometh.

AFAIK its the largest usage of curved glass in the world.

but the usual theory is when companies build their massive HQ it signals the start of their downfall.

http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2013/10/apples_iconic_campus_approved_by_cupertinos_city_counci.html

iCon%20Rendering%202013.jpg

iCon%20Detail%202013.jpg

Apple%20Campus%202%20Site%202013.gif

Edited by mrwicked

they want it circular to keep non-apple people out.

since they're a hardware company (and a pretty popular one at that) they have to deal with a lot of espionage.

apple logo would be interesting though.

but man: 11,000 parking spaces. trippy.

Edited by mrwicked

its pretty simple - basically instead of keeping bookmarks which are just txt URLs...

its a bookmark but for an image/product.

so you "pin" a link to something you like that you found on the internet, and can organize them.

its simple but brilliant. 

ive used it for ideas on interior design and remodeling ideas.

but you can save anything. 

also they've done studies and a "pin" lastly multiple thousands of times longer than a "tweet" or "like" and is thus more relevant.

but again insane growth.

fastest growing website in history. 

I think it is just a blog website for people to post their creative ideas. It seems to be super popular. All of the teachers at my daughter's school use it and give their name. I have never once been to the website myself.

That's cool, they can use it as a wish list for their classroom. You can have hidden boards too, do they can probably have their personal stuff there.

I personally unfollow all boards having to do with babies or classroom stuff. Hate having to scroll through it on my feed.

• 2 weeks later...

twitter finally succumbs to their own hype and goes aggressive in IPO pricing.

first they planned at $17-$20 a share, now final number is $27 a share.

thats just about $15,000,000,000 valuation. my friends over there are very happy.

note thats more expensive than facebook's IPO.

and facebook was bringing in about a billion dollars of revenue by IPO (as was google).

twitter? losing hundreds of millions a year.

i hope they do well and it keeps the IPO wave going - enterprise has been killing it lately.

hope the consumer space doesnt f*ck it up again (thanks FB, groupon, zynga, etc).

Twitter Will List Its Shares At $27, Valuing The Firm At $14.7 Billion

http://techcrunch.com/2013/11/06/twitter-will-list-its-shares-at-27-valuing-the-firm-at-14-7-billion-reports-indicate/

pretty crazy.

my prediction has been this will be a huge win, and it will jump start the IPO market that FB destroyed.

so far so good.

now employees have the fun of waiting 6 months before they can sell.

they better hope it stays up.

Edited by mrwicked

a pop is expected, it creates positive momentum.

an opening day loss is virtually unheard of - it means they would have really f*cked up (this is why the banks showed up last minute and started buying FB to manually guarantee it stayed at/above $38 even though it was trending downward).

too big of a pop is not good either because it means they left $$ on the table.

great result for them though.

again lets see how it looks 6 month from now when the employees can actually sell.

today just the investors made $$ (avg price of twitter share before today was $2.22), and the company got a cash pile to invest into the business.