• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Today in the Bay Area

nate

I always wondered how low end or entry level people make it out there. Does the receptionist for these huge companies just have a long commute?

its not saying they can't live here so much, they just likely cant buy and send their kids to college unless you have successful exits via equity in company/startup.

rent is insane though, more than a mortgage in lots of places - so those people either yep live far away, or not in the best parts of the city, or they shack up like 4-5 to a rented house/apartment.

it can be pretty crazy, but there are definitely ways to live here and not be making baller green.

I remember one of my friends who lived in the city paid about twice as much as I did living in the east bay, and I had a room about twice as big with brand new kitchen amenities and only 1 other roommate. I went out in the city just as much as she did. Didn't see the point of living there when public transportation was so good... Also couldn't really have my horse in the city (cue st1ck)

I remember one of my friends who lived in the city paid about twice as much as I did living in the east bay, and I had a room about twice as big with brand new kitchen amenities and only 1 other roommate. I went out in the city just as much as she did. Didn't see the point of living there when public transportation was so good... Also couldn't really have my horse in the city (cue st1ck)

You have kitchen amenities? Why have you never brought this up before? 

Is East Palo Alto still rough trade, or did it get upgraded over the duration of the last two tech booms?  Back in my day, that was the place to go for crack.

its getting better.

still not great but its way better than it was.

which is crazy because palo alto next door is one of the wealthiest cities in the nation.

the mad prosperity of the first dotcom boom pretty much skipped over that town, but recently its been getting better because theres only so much land but plenty of money floating around, so gentrification was bound to happen. lots of facebook and google people moving in and booting the poor people out.

• 3 weeks later...

Head of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business, Don Mattrick, is taking over as the new CEO

http://slashdot.org/story/13/07/01/2156206/don-mattrick-leaves-microsoft-to-become-ceo-at-zynga?utm_source=slashdot&utm_medium=twitter

Lol...

saw that.

give pincus credit - he is very good at making himself insanely rich to then immediately sink a company. im surprised he's even staying around.