• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cesar Puello DFA'd

mmc

Just now, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

And if we had not wasted our $ on shit starters this off-season we wouldn't be taxing our Bullpen for the 5th year in a row!

No we would have then needed to spend money on other starters and most have been pretty bad.  

1 minute ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

And if we had not wasted our $ on shit starters this off-season we wouldn't be taxing our Bullpen for the 5th year in a row!

It's not like the other starting  pitchers on our roster are eating innings 

14 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Who are the other 20?

We couldnt DFA a starter.  Our pen is over used as is.  It would have been reckless to go with a relievers short.

Could have DFA Tovar but that would be a gamble as Pijols would have to backup 3b.

Pen over usage is based on "shit" off-season Starting Pitcher acquisitions, constant injuries to starters who are being relied upon on doing things they've never done before which is throw consistent innings and throw quality starts and not using a bullpen properly (turning and burning). Oh and the opener BS has a direct effect on the taxing of your bullpen! 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No we would have then needed to spend money on other starters and most have been pretty bad.  

Even the meh ones have been averaging 5-6+ innings per start!

Ours have not.

Strad, I respect your opinion.                                     I'm not going to change mine. 

So, it's a push~

23 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Pen over usage is based on "shit" off-season Starting Pitcher acquisitions, constant injuries to starters who are being relied upon on doing things they've never done before which is throw consistent innings and throw quality starts and not using a bullpen properly (turning and burning). Oh and the opener BS has a direct effect on the taxing of your bullpen! 

Not arguing.  It still supports the argument that we cant DFA a bullpen piece in order in order to keep Puello

6 minutes ago, red321 said:

laugh

everyone can see it. There are numerous ways ORG's have information sent to them via text and phone apps.. 

I've sat eating dinner in the Cafeteria at Anaheim Stadium and a Scout from another team had a notification on his phone from MLB.com and he then started texting his FO. It happens. Rumors fly, through IG and other social media and they forward on so the people above can verify validity...

Just because you don't know. Also, people talk throughout the MLB giving heads ups to friends with other organizations when certain players they drafted become available or are released to help the player move on in their career....

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea no shit. Like GMs get their info from the same places we do.  My guess is it’s on the front page because it involved Upton. 

it was! And the headline said UPTON. So, what are you saying? That MLB FO's don't use social media as an avenue to gain information? I don't understand the *NO SHIT COMMENT* or, are you being a dyck?.

Just now, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

it was! And the headline said UPTON. So, what are you saying? That MLB FO's don't use social media as an avenue to gain information? I don't understand the *NO SHIT COMMENT* or, are you being a dyck?

I was being a dick but it’s asinine to think it being on the front page will have any bearing on whether he will pass through waivers.  It’s silly. 

8 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Not arguing.  It still supports the argument that we cant DFA a bullpen piece in order in order to keep Puello

I get it. Not either.

There are plenty of meh arms everywhere we can toss out there for a 7 days stretch if need be. We've signed more than enough bullpen peanuts over the last 2 years!

5 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

everyone can see it. There are numerous ways ORG's have information sent to them via text and phone apps.. 

I've sat eating dinner in the Cafeteria at Anaheim Stadium and a Scout from another team had a notification on his phone from MLB.com and he then started texting his FO. It happens. Rumors fly, through IG and other social media and they forward on so the people above can verify validity...

Just because you don't know. Also, people talk throughout the MLB giving heads ups to friends with other organizations when certain players they drafted become available or are released to help the player move on in their career....

Screwed up the Angels plans of sending a secret note using invisible ink in the middle of the night and paying the telegraph operator to bury the note in the bottom of the transaction box.

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I was being a dick but it’s asinine to think it being on the front page will have any bearing on whether he will pass through waivers.  It’s silly. 

It was an example of information that is forwarded to MLB FO's if they missed it through the normal daily interfaces with MLB.

I knew of one former Angel GM that had a intern do nothing but forward Waiver Wire stuff to him directly from MLB.

I also, know of a GM of another team who screwed the pooch on 2 players and thought they had options and they didn't!....And lost both players!

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

I am pissed off we couldn't get something for him.  He hit the shit out of the ball while he was here.  Would have been nice to get something for him.

I know we had few options and none good but it still sucks 

Why would a team trade for him if they knew he'd be passing through waivers on June 18?