• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The May the 4th be with you Angels Astros gameday in Mexico thread

Holy crap.  Just got back from camping with my family in Joshua Tree.  Luckily I had no signal out there.  Just saw the score...ouch!  Didn’t expect this bad of a beating.  If there was ever a time to turn the page....get em tomorrow!

15 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Eppler signed him as a SP so that's what he's going to be.

Just like Jesse Chavez, who was brought in to be a starter and then made 17 relief appearances.  I love narratives that really just say, “hey everyone, look at me”.   I looked, you are welcome. 

50 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Just like Jesse Chavez, who was brought in to be a starter and then made 17 relief appearances.  I love narratives that really just say, “hey everyone, look at me”.   I looked, you are welcome. 

Why put a struggling/bad pitcher in the pen? I think his leash is longer than some here want to believe. The pen will have Ramirez and Middleton back this season ... not sure on the timeframe. 

I guess he can replace Stratton for mop up duty. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Did he sign for 9 million?

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Did he sign for 9 million?

No, but with incentives it would have been $8.75 million, not that I think it matters.  If you want to say it does go for it.  But it isn’t like $9 million is some huge amount of money in terms of baseball.  Bottom line is guys like Cahill and Harvey are place holders, thus the one year contracts, and if they are pushed out by the performance of the people below them, they will be pushed out.  Thus the one year contracts.  I’d still rather have these two on one year deals than any of the guys that got 3 year deals this off season.  It was an off season of one really good starter (Corbin) and a bunch of others that are pretty interchangeable.  

25 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Why put a struggling/bad pitcher in the pen? I think his leash is longer than some here want to believe. The pen will have Ramirez and Middleton back this season ... not sure on the timeframe. 

I guess he can replace Stratton for mop up duty. 

What would be your suggestion to:

1.  Help Cahill figure some things out

2.  Limit his poor performances

14 hours ago, rottiesworld said:

If they don’t get rid of this piece of shit Stratton the Angels have problem knowing who to keep and who to kick back to the trash can.

You keep Stratton to follow Cahill's or Harvey's shitty starts.  There is no need to burn through good relievers trying to save a Cahill/Harvey shitty start.  If Stanton is decent, then there is hope, if he is shitty, then let him eat the innings.  Being pummeled last night is no fun, but being beaten soundly while burning up a good bullpen seems senseless.

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No, but with incentives it would have been $8.75 million, not that I think it matters.  If you want to say it does go for it.  But it isn’t like $9 million is some huge amount of money in terms of baseball.  Bottom line is guys like Cahill and Harvey are place holders, thus the one year contracts, and if they are pushed out by the performance of the people below them, they will be pushed out.  Thus the one year contracts.  I’d still rather have these two on one year deals than any of the guys that got 3 year deals this off season.  It was an off season of one really good starter (Corbin) and a bunch of others that are pretty interchangeable.  

It really sucks though that Cahill is the worst qualified starter in baseball to this point.  That's not a good optic no matter how much you spend or how short the deal.  You paid a guy good money and he's the worst in all of baseball right now.  

I know it's short term and these guys are place holders, but what does it say about Eppler's (and his team's) ability to evaluate talent and use the pieces they've put in place to execute a plan specific to the guys they've brought in.  

Is it all on the player?  They've changed his sequencing and/or pitch mix.  His velo is down.  He's giving up a ton of hrs.  

To whiff so tremendously on a him is pretty rough.