• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If you were to trade Adell.....

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

First off, I wouldn't trade him. We need a good replacement for Calhoun after 2019 and while Adell may never come close to being Mike Trout, there are a lot of similarities between the two so he could become a superstar for the Halos. 

That said, I'll play. If the Angels were to trade him, I'd hit up the Braves as they have the most pitching to deal. 

I would ask for Ian Anderson & Mike Soroka. 

The other team I would hit up would be the Rockies. I would ask for Yonathon Dada, Ryan Rolison & Peter Lambert. 

But yeah, keep him. 

I was just thinking of the Braves and Ian Anderson.  Good call. Braves are stocked they could use an OFer to take over Markakis after this year.  

21 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Honestly, how much can we talk about Bour being a big slob? 

Apparently not at all... because @Chuckster70 keeps deleting those threads.  Give us a chance and the thread could go 137 pages. complete with a plethora of gifs and memes, not to mention a few posts of @Angel Oracle shouting at the clouds. 

In all seriousness - I appreciate what you are trying to do.  But this group is easily distracted and... Oh look - there's a squirrel...

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

Apparently not at all... because @Chuckster70 keeps deleting those threads.  Give us a chance and the thread could go 137 pages. complete with a plethora of gifs and memes, not to mention a few posts of @Angel Oracle shouting at the clouds. 

In all seriousness - I appreciate what you are trying to do.  But this group is easily distracted and... Oh look - there's a squirrel...

Pubes!

Im w @GrittyVeterans. This team obviously needs pitching bad. Adell might give you that in trade.

But the offense has been bad for awhile. Trout and on a different tier upton/simmons, and we hope ohtani is the same. (But even then, hes a part time bat).

The games Trout is Trout, and someone else has a good day, we look like a pretty decent team. Its the lineup depth that kills us.

So for me, if I were to trade him, it would be for another position guy at a spot we need. We have outfielders in the minors, no real C or 3B that i know of.

I don't think I'd trade Adell for a starting pitcher simply because he's a position player and has so much more opportunity to impact the game.  Beginning in 2020, he's the long term answer at a position in which the Angels have a hole, and so I'd need to acquire a player who would fill a hole for the Angels, in a long term sense.  So another RF, or a 3B, or a catcher.  But there aren't any proven entities at catcher with team control and are good.

So that narrows it down to an OF or 3B.  So if it were simply prospect for prospect, I'd trade him straight up for Bo Bichette.  Maybe Nick Senzel.  The rest either aren't as close to the majors or don't fit a need or are not feasible (Vlad Jr, etc...). 

I'd trade him straight up for 3 years of Kris Bryant and the chance to sign him to an extension I think.  Definitely Anthony Rendon if he's willing to sign an extension.  Definitely Matt Chapman but the A's won't be trading him. 

I'd probably trade him for Marcell Ozuna if he signed an extension.  Here's one that I think a lot of folks would disagree with.  I'd trade Jo Adell straight up for Joey Gallo. 

26 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im w @GrittyVeterans. This team obviously needs pitching bad. Adell might give you that in trade.

Similarly, you could still get some decent pitching for Simmons in a trade this July...put Fletcher at SS, La Stella at 2B, and then let Rengifo, Cozart, Ward, and maybe Rojas/Thaiss fight for UT IF/3B.
Save some money by avoiding a Simmons extension, gain some cheap pitching which frees up even more money this offseason. 

Just not sure who would be a suitor anymore. Tatis and Machado are looking great on the left side for SD, and Swanson, Donaldson, and Camargo have Atlanta locked down.

Edited by totdprods

It's hard for me to think of any realistic scenarios where it actually makes sense. 

first because he's already 'our guy' and we've been following him from the very start of his career.  plus he's seems like such a good dude who's going to be great at promoting the halos as a superstar.  

pitching is too volatile to give up one of the top prospects unless you are getting a prime Chris Sale in return like for Moncada.  

Maybe something around Luis Castillo and Eugenio Suarez from CIN but that would obviously cost a lot more than Adell.  

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Here's one that I think a lot of folks would disagree with.  I'd trade Jo Adell straight up for Joey Gallo

I don't just disagree with you.

I want to punch you in the mouth for entertaining the thought.

Joey Gallo has 4 years of club control and Jo Adell will probably be better than him.

Personally, I'd never trade a top 5 position player prospect like Adell for pretty much any deal centered around a pitcher (whether proven or not), even if they had 4+ years of control left.  Pitchers are just too volatile and injury prone while an upper tier OF like Adell can give you value for a decade or more.  

It would probably have to be a package of 3-4 guys that are farther away from the bigs, with maybe two being upper tier SP prospects and two being upper tier position players.  As others have iterated, teams like SD/ATL have a wealth of talent available.  These trades rarely happen just because when you hit on these top guys, they usually end up as franchise cornerstones (Mookie Betts, Ronald Acuna, Juan Soto, etc.) and it's hard to get fair value back for that sort of potential.  It's why the old saying is the team giving up the best player usually loses the trade.

4 hours ago, Kevinb said:

You don't trade him. He is close enough to the big leagues. Cheap. We have the pitching Harvey Skaggs Heany Cahill etc are all excellent. Once Ohtani and Upton are back our offense should be golden. You bring up Adell and he adds that added punch as new energy. It's playoff bound for years to come starting this year. 

I think the key word was if.  If you were to trade him.

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

First I'd release Roberto Baldoquin. Then, after the Mariners picked him up, I'd trade Jo Adell for him.

Should just see if the Tigers will trade us Casey Mize for Baldoquin.  Baldoquin and JD's scouting report on him should be more than enough.   Not to derail the thread but holy crap is Casey Mize bringing it...  https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=mize--000cas

If I could wave my hands and result in the Angels making a trade for anyone in the minors right now it's probably Mize.

Edited by Inside Pitch

26 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Should just see if the Tigers will trade us Casey Mize for Baldoquin.  Baldoquin and JD's scouting report on him should be more than enough.   Not to derail the thread but holy crap is Casey Mize bringing it...  https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=mize--000cas

If I could wave my hands and result in the Angels making a trade for anyone in the minors right now it's probably Mize.

Interesting.  

Felt like he was a bit overrated personally.  but he's been lights out this year for sure.