• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Some praise for our Halos last night

Chuck

Unfortunately some bad defense by Lucroy despite his first HR on the season, in addition to Trout, Simmons and Pujols our MOTO bats going a combined 1-14 on the evening with Trout taking a called third strike twice. That said, there were plenty of positives in the game. 

The bullpen gave up just 1 ER on 2 hits over 8 innings, striking out 12. (thankfully Cody Allen had the night off).

Matt Harvey was shaky early on, but that 6th inning showed to me that there’s hope. Let’s all HOPE that we see more of him mixing up his pitches and keeping it down in the zone like he did perfectly in the 6th inning (he should have went out for the 7th since he was just over 80 pitches). 

Goodwin was clutch, could easily be 3-5 on the night but was robbed of a double down the line earlier in the game. That game tying hit against Chapman was epic. Goodwin looked a lot like GA up there. He’s been a pleasant surprise. His OPS stands at 1.029 right now with a .351 BA. 

Kevin Smith has been a nice addition with two more knocks bringing his OPS up to .804 on the young season. (But Assmunch & Eppler, please don’t start Smith and Lucroy in the same game ever again. Thanks.

As much shit as we've given Bourjos, he both stole a base and scored the tying run late, then saved a hit with a diving play to his left playing second base. Major kudos. (That probably bought him another 3-4 weeks on this club though). 

Just now, True Grich said:

Chuck... I don't even know who you are any more.

I criticize when it's warranted, but I give kudos when it's earned. That hasn't changed, so you need to pay more attention sir. :)  I've been the same way since I became a fan in 1979. 

Right now Brad Ausmus is on my shit list, but a good winning streak in addition to making some smarter moves can change my opinion quickly. 

16 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I have... you're clearly sober this morning.

I was last night as well. Haven't had a drink in 10 days actually. I typically only do drinks 1-2 a week whether it's happy hour after work in Seattle with colleagues or wine out with the wife. 

The whole Chuck is a drunk thing is overblown, I've always worn my heart on my sleeve, both in person and online. 

19 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I love a good shit list as much as anybody but calling him Assmunch is a bit over the top. 

I’d like to add that throw Kole made to the plate to the list of positives. I’m gonna miss that arm when they finally replace him 

Okay, that's fair enough. I'll scale that way back.. 

I agree that Calhoun's cannon is going to be missed. The good news is that both Adell and Marsh have plus arms, so there's that. 

btw @Angel Oracle, calling him Sciosmus is an insult to Scioscia. I knew we needed a change, but I was hoping the change would be better, not worse. 

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I was last night as well. Haven't had a drink in 10 days actually. I typically only do drinks 1-2 a week whether it's happy hour after work in Seattle with colleagues or wine out with the wife. 

The whole Chuck is a drunk thing is overblown, I've always worn my heart on my sleeve, both in person and online. 

I'm just giving you a hard time.  Nobody thinks you're a drunk.  We know you're just irrational.

Still kidding, BTW.

8 minutes ago, RBM said:

Brian Goodwin has been a nice addition. I wasn't sure what to expect from a guy who lost out in the competition for a 4th OF spot in KC but he's been great.

It's funny how either something clicks for a player at some point in their career, or new coaching from a new org can bring out some hidden talent. 

As I illustrated in another thread a couple weeks back, Goodwin was a top 5 prospect in the Nats or (#2) at one point in his development. So the talent was there. 

2 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

The bullpen definitely was awesome.  I think the BP is actually really good overall.  The problem is due to the poor SP, they get used way too often.  And we are still in April.  ?

Bedrosian has looked better. Really the only two that worry me is our closer and Noe Ramirez. 

Just now, VariousCrap said:

Yeah, Allen does look pretty scary, but Ramirez is a decent arm when used sparingly.

Yeah I guess he could be a mop up guy. 

Still boggles my mind that Justin Anderson who had a 0.00 ERA over 5 IP with 4 K's is still in the minors over the likes of Noe Ramirez, but that's a good problem to have. 

We also have Middleton & JC Ramirez due back sometime this summer, so things are looking up for the Halos. 

Hopefully Cody Allen turns things around and we can trade him for a good prospect before the deadline, anointing Buttrey as our closer.

38 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Okay, that's fair enough. I'll scale that way back.. 

I agree that Calhoun's cannon is going to be missed. The good news is that both Adell and Marsh have plus arms, so there's that. 

btw @Angel Oracle, calling him Sciosmus is an insult to Scioscia. I knew we needed a change, but I was hoping the change would be better, not worse. 

Good point, it is one I didn't come up with myself.   Lots of questions exist right now about Ausmus.  

Fan's 2019 A Baseball Odyssey thread has a good humorous slant on Ausmus to date.   

10 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Bedrosian has looked better. Really the only two that worry me is our closer and Noe Ramirez. 

Bedrosian is one that you always wonder when he gets into a groove, how short of a time is it for.       Other than his 2016 season, he has never put it together at this level.

6 minutes ago, kj_maestro said:

Our team is scrappy! I think if we can just hover around .500 until Shohei and Upton are back, we can take that momentum and really make a run at the wildcard. Especially with teams like the Yankees and Boston off to slow starts. 

They're not exactly hovering around .500 at the moment. 5 games under only 23 games into the season is terribad. They're on pace for 95+ losses right now. 

Upton and Ohtani probably make us a .500 at team

The bottom line is you're going to be really disappointed if the wild card is what you're expecting. I'm just hoping that our young players make positive steps in their development

My thinking is more in line with WTF?  They battled a good AAA team for a few innings. Harvey made it through 6 innings against a ST split squad. They almost threw a guy out at home plate.

I turned the game off after the 9th, not really caring who won.

I haven't been around much lately, so I don't know if I'm the first to declare.. season over.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Bedrosian is one that you always wonder when he gets into a groove, how short of a time is it for.       Other than his 2016 season, he has never put it together at this level.

Bedrosian always reminds me of a lamb who just knows there is a dude with a big knife coming up behind him.