• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ausmus today

10 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

made some controversial moves today.  Bringing in Buttrey for 1 batter in the 5th.  Pitching to Contreras.  

plus a bunch of other pinch hit and/or defensive moves that could have been done differently.  

Kudos to him.  

I wonder how the board would feel if some of the results were different. The Contreras move was very counter intuitive but might have been the difference maker today.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I wonder how the board would feel if some of the results were different. The Contreras move was very counter intuitive but might have been the difference maker today.

I actually disagree.  he's a free swinger and susceptible to a breaker in the dirt.  plus, he's RHed and Shwarber is LHed.  I actually liked the move.  putting him on didn't matter and also, Schwarber doesn't hit a ton of grounders.  

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I actually disagree.  he's a free swinger and susceptible to a breaker in the dirt.  plus, he's RHed and Shwarber is LHed.  I actually liked the move.  putting him on didn't matter and also, Schwarber doesn't hit a ton of grounders.  

I didn't have the stats in front of me so I was wondering if that was the case. It's too bad no one asked him in the post game about that decision. 

28 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

made some controversial moves today.  Bringing in Buttrey for 1 batter in the 5th.  Pitching to Contreras.  

plus a bunch of other pinch hit and/or defensive moves that could have been done differently.  

Kudos to him.  

Pitching to Contreras was a no brainer. They were going to continue to pitch him outside and let him chase. 

He also used Jewell against the LH heavy top of the Cubs order instead of Bedrosian or a 2nd inning for García (which was what I expected). Jewell had bad numbers vs LHs in the minors and just overall doesn’t seem to be the caliber of guy you want in that spot with other guys available. He’d also pitched the day before, so the Cubs had just seen him, and they hadn’t seen any of the other available guys. 

But he pitched a 1-2-3 inning.

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The Angels barely hung on to win. It didn't seem like the managing really was helping.

Well he should have managed Goodwin to not slide and should have managed Bourjos to not jog in on the ball and toss it into 2nd.  

26 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well he should have managed Goodwin to not slide and should have managed Bourjos to not jog in on the ball and toss it into 2nd.  

He also should have managed Bour into not being a lunkhead on the bases.

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Only downside was Robles reverting to his early Halos gloss of Chernobyl.    Maybe he was due for a bad outing, after solid pitching most of last year and this year so far?

I really don’t think so. 

He gave up a legit double, but then there was a dribbler infield hit. Then he looked great to get a strikeout for the 2nd out. Then he pitched around Bote (IMO) to get to the pinch hitter. He threw him about 5 nasty pitches that the dude fouled off. And finally he missed with one and the guy got a hit. 

Baseball’s hard, man. Millimeters between good games and bad games.