• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cozart

26 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Shoulder injuries/surgeries have a way of not totally healing though.   He may never, eeeever be the same again. 

I was a little skeptical when he said he was "good to go" in spring training....I had rotator cuff surgery in October and I am no where near back to normal (I have worked hard at therapy but granted not to the extent that I am sure Cozart has)....It's why pitchers can rebound from elbow problems but shoulder issues are the kiss of death (Alex Meyer for instance)....

21 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

2017 was a fluke, which is illustrated by a BABIP that was about .050 higher than his career norms. Best-case scenario and he returns to something like 2015-16, when he hit around .250/.310/.430.

At this point, I'd take that.

Cozart:

verb:  bad decision

i.e. The bartender announced it was closing time and I Cozarted.

i.e. My neighbor in the early 80's was working out of his garage trying to build a computer for the public.  He asked me if I wanted to invest in his idea and I Cozarted. 

$13M per on a short term deal wasn't necessarily terrible, even if he reverted back to a run of the mill decent third baseman.  It just looks terrible now since nobody expected him to be historically bad.

Logically you had to expect 5 WAR seasons wouldn't become his new norm at age 32, but the injury bug has basically destroyed him and his confidence.

1 hour ago, Reveille1984 said:

$13M per on a short term deal wasn't necessarily terrible, even if he reverted back to a run of the mill decent third baseman.  It just looks terrible now since nobody expected him to be historically bad.

Logically you had to expect 5 WAR seasons wouldn't become his new norm at age 32, but the injury bug has basically destroyed him and his confidence.

You know this how?

3 hours ago, eligrba said:

Cozart:

verb:  bad decision

i.e. The bartender announced it was closing time and I Cozarted.

i.e. My neighbor in the early 80's was working out of his garage trying to build a computer for the public.  He asked me if I wanted to invest in his idea and I Cozarted. 

Was it Cozarting when Doc Brown was encountered by the terrorists in BTTF 1?

8 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

You know this how?

I guess "destroyed his ability" is more apt.  You're correct, I can't read his mind.  But bottom line he hasn't shown the ability to be a regular on a major league roster since 2017.

Hopefully he keeps up his confidence with a 1 for 32/-59 wRC+ start to the season.