• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tim Salmon

I’m sure this has been a topic but I’m starting it again. 

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO RETIRE TIM SALMON’S NUMBER??

A career Angels who led the team is various categories during his time. He still works with the Angels doing pre games on Fox Sports West and NO ONE has worn number 15 since. 

This is something that needs to be done. Get it done, Angels. It’s been way too long. 

when you think of the Anglels and 'franchise' type players -- well, let's run through the list,

-- Gene Autry No. 1 on any list, No. 26 on numbers retired. Yeah, sort of sentimental here- "My heroes have always been Cowboys"

-- Bill Rigney - all time Halos manager until superseded by Mike Scioscia.

-- Mike Scioscia - a franchise manager for almost two decades, Won the Halos 2002 and only championship.

-- Jim Fregosi - the first face of the franchise,.

-- Nolan Ryan --- a HOF Halos pitcher who's HOF plaque should have a Halos cap.

-- MIKE TROUT -  the best player in MLB - now a lifetime Halo, the best player of this generation and arguably one of the best five ALL TIME.

-- TIM SALMON - face of the franchise for many years, The guy who lifted the World Championship Trophy in 2002 exorcising all the demons from previous years. A PERFECT choice to hold that trophy aloft.

-- Garret Anderson -- an ALL TIME Halos leader in multiple categories, and a player I liked and thought was to often maligned unfairly, A great Halo.

-- Bob Boone, under-rated as a catcher who is among the top ten ALL TIME in games caught. Was great for our Halos.

-- Bobby Knoop. -- slick fielding 2B to Fregosi at SS, A great Halo.

--Chuck Finley - a all time leader among Halos pitchers,.

-- K-Rod -- all times saves leader - 62 in one season.

-- Troy Percival - a great Halo, Many saves. Let's get him back as Halos pitching coach !

-- Albert Pujols - gotta find room on the list,

TIMMY SALMON FOR HOF?  the right time to get  'er dne?" NOW !!

57 minutes ago, disarcina said:

when you think of the Anglels and 'franchise' type players -- well, let's run through the list,

-- Gene Autry No. 1 on any list, No. 26 on numbers retired. Yeah, sort of sentimental here- "My heroes have always been Cowboys"

-- Bill Rigney - all time Halos manager until superseded by Mike Scioscia.

-- Mike Scioscia - a franchise manager for almost two decades, Won the Halos 2002 and only championship.

-- Jim Fregosi - the first face of the franchise,.

-- Nolan Ryan --- a HOF Halos pitcher who's HOF plaque should have a Halos cap.

-- MIKE TROUT -  the best player in MLB - now a lifetime Halo, the best player of this generation and arguably one of the best five ALL TIME.

-- TIM SALMON - face of the franchise for many years, The guy who lifted the World Championship Trophy in 2002 exorcising all the demons from previous years. A PERFECT choice to hold that trophy aloft.

-- Garret Anderson -- an ALL TIME Halos leader in multiple categories, and a player I liked and thought was to often maligned unfairly, A great Halo.

-- Bob Boone, under-rated as a catcher who is among the top ten ALL TIME in games caught. Was great for our Halos.

-- Bobby Knoop. -- slick fielding 2B to Fregosi at SS, A great Halo.

--Chuck Finley - a all time leader among Halos pitchers,.

-- K-Rod -- all times saves leader - 62 in one season.

-- Troy Percival - a great Halo, Many saves. Let's get him back as Halos pitching coach !

-- Albert Pujols - gotta find room on the list,

TIMMY SALMON FOR HOF?  the right time to get  'er dne?" NOW !!

Vlad...

TROUT picked 27 - I think - because he couldn't have 7 (Mickey Mantle) and wanted to be a player like Mickey Mantle (27) and he is - in fact, TROUT, is a lot like Mickey Mantle -- IF Mickey Mantle did not tear up his knee early in his career and then if he would have taken care of himself the way players work out and stay in shape today -- for Mickey this would have meant not being out carousing with Billy Martin and Whitey Ford most nights,.

VLAD clearly a Halos franchise player.  I assumed that was a given.

Going down that list the HALOS franchise PLAYERS are pretty much limited to:

Jim Fregosi

Nolan Ryan

Tim Salmon

Vlad Guerrero

Mike Trout

to me - a franchise player is a player who when you think of the team during that era or even after that player has retired -- you name that player. The guys above are those kind of players -- the ones below not quite -- Garret Anderson had perhaps better Halos career stats than some on the list but he was so low key and just a consistent producer (hits, doubles etc) over his Halos career he WAS never really 'the guy' for the Halos, Of course, TIM SALMON's time with the Halos pretty much over-lapped with GA's and Salmon had the higher profile and truly earned the title MR. ANGEL.  Trout has made this list in record time,

(others close but not quite, Garret Anderson, Chuck Finley, Dean Chance, Bobby Knoop, Don Baylor, Rod Carew -more MINN then ANAHEIM, Bobby Grich (more BALT than ANAHEIM)

am sure I forgot some names (Brian Downing etc.,)