• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Goodwin

Glen

In 2013, Brian Goodwin was the Nationals #3 prospect ranked by Baseball America. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 8.48.57 PM.png

"Signed for $3 million as a 2011 sandwich pick, Goodwin made progress refining his impressive raw tools in his first full pro season. He showed speed, power and plate discipline while starring at low Class A Hagerstown, then continued to dazzle with his physical ability despite having less success in Double-A and the Arizona Fall League. Goodwin has worked hard to put his hands into better hitting position, free up his swing and make it less rotational. When he's going well, he stays short to the ball, waits on offspeed stuff and drives pitches from left-center to right field. When he struggled at Harrisburg, he got pull-happy and chased pitches up and away. Goodwin must improve against southpaws, who held him to a .246 average last season. But his quick hands and feel for the strike zone give him a chance to be a tablesetter, and he generates enough leverage to add solid power. He's also an above-average runner, though he's still learning to use his speed on the basepaths and in center field. He has a chance to be a plus defender with a solid arm. He could be a dynamic player in the mold of Curtis Granderson with less power and better on-base skills. Goodwin figures to start 2013 back in Double-A, and Washington's center-field job could be his in 2014."

Made a nice defensive play to make up for his blunder last night. I don’t know how you’d bag on him when he’s hitting better than Bourjos, Bour, Pujols, LaStella and Cozart to say a few. So far so good. Obviously it all changes once Upton comes back. If Bourjos doesn’t figure it out then Goodwin will stay as 4th outfielder. 

14 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Made a nice defensive play to make up for his blunder last night. I don’t know how you’d bag on him when he’s hitting better than Bourjos, Bour, Pujols, LaStella and Cozart to say a few. So far so good. Obviously it all changes once Upton comes back. If Bourjos doesn’t figure it out then Goodwin will stay as 4th outfielder. 

Alright, Ive been biting my tongue on this.

I keep reading bourjos' name thrown out with "he sucks" attached. Yes, his track record does. That likely doesnt change.

But hes had 12 at bats so far...

What Im getting at is that i dont even see how hes on anyones radar about the problems this team has. He sure as hell isnt the reason.

Literally, he hasnt really been part of the picture so far. 

Im not saying this to defend him. Im not saying he will be alright. Im saying that youd have to really be paying attention to know he was even on this team, let alone an issue.

7 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Alright, Ive been biting my tongue on this.

I keep reading bourjos' name thrown out with "he sucks" attached. Yes, his track record does. That likely doesnt change.

But hes had 12 at bats so far...

What Im getting at is that i dont wven see how hes on anyones radar about the problems this team has. He sure as hell the reason.

Literally, he hasnt really been part of the picture so far. 

Im not saying this to defend him. Im not saying he will be alright. Im saying that youd have to really be paying attention to know he was even on this team, let alone an issue.

You’re right. 

Bourjos has had 12 and Goodwin has had 16. They both are a smaller sample size but they are fighting for the same position and Goodwin has the upper hand for now. 

4 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

You’re right. 

Bourjos has had 12 and Goodwin has had 16. They both are a smaller sample size but they are fighting for the same position and Goodwin has the upper hand for now. 

And to clarify, when upton is back, go with goodwin (assuming he wins out). Im just scratching my head that his name keeps getting thrown out on here.

This whole team (aside from trout) has been like nicholas cages movie career. Bourjos is a random episode of the Fall Guy that cage did.

"He was horrible in that!" 

"With the wicker man, face off and firebirds, its that episode of Simon and Simon you remember?"