• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Friends, it’s over. Bryce Harper has blessed the Phillies

UndertheHalo

Hopefully Philly decides to keep going for it, and they sign Keuchel or (and?) Kimbrel and really clog up their payroll. 

I don’t think this takes them out of the running for Trout at all - might even make them more appealing to him - but it certainly doesn’t help their ability to pay Trout.

You know why this is so incredibly stupid and pointless?  Because Philadelphia was where everyone expected him to go back in October.  Basically Harper and his super-douche agent bought 4 months of "look at me, look at me" time while accepting the same amount of money from the same place he would have gotten back in November/December.  

I actually have less respect for Bryce Harper now than I did before, and I didn't think much of him before. 

He's a jerk-face. 

We don’t know that they offered him 330 and 13 back in November though do we ? 

I think they strung this out way to long, but being in FA it makes sense to see who all the suitors are and what they’re willing to go to.  Again, I doubt all this was necessary, but it makes sense that it took more then a few weeks. 

Ten years/$375 million for Trout sounds right.    About $12 million/season more than Harper, $5 million/season more than Arenado, and $7.5 million/season more than Machado

Age 38/39 season for Trout should be much more productive than Pujols' age 38 season (actually age 40 season?).   Trout hasn't had a crouched stance for many years tearing up his knees and feet.    He will slow down in his mid/late 30s, but certainly should hit at least as well as Big Poopy did in his mid/late 30s.

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

not sure it has.   that AAV for Harper actually lowered the bar a bit imo.  

If the Halos were going to pay Trout 400m, maybe they can spread it out over 12-13 years instead of 10.  

That is why I put 13/390.  That is a 30 million AAV over the 13 years.  If they go to 400, it would be 30.7 AAV.

9 minutes ago, Second Base said:

You know why this is so incredibly stupid and pointless?  Because Philadelphia was where everyone expected him to go back in October.  Basically Harper and his super-douche agent bought 4 months of "look at me, look at me" time while accepting the same amount of money from the same place he would have gotten back in November/December.  

I actually have less respect for Bryce Harper now than I did before, and I didn't think much of him before. 

He's a jerk-face. 

Was it offered back in october?