• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Major League Baseball Thread

m0nkey

4 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Left fielder (pitcher) Vince Velazquez has been involved in three big plays in extra innings.  Threw out a guy at home to keep the game tied, had another chance but the guy barely beat the tag, and then made a diving catch.

is he the guy that made that diving catch in right field last night? that was impressive.

btw, why is a pitcher being played in the OF for the phillies? is their bench that thin?

1 minute ago, Tank said:

is he the guy that made that diving catch in right field last night? that was impressive.

btw, why is a pitcher being played in the OF for the phillies? is their bench that thin?

That was Michael Lorenzen on the Reds, who's actually played the outfield multiple times this year.  They're trying to make him an occasional two-way player.

Phillies just lost in the 15th.  They had an outfield pitch and a pitcher play the outfield to end the game.  Had this game on for a while (unfortunately), and it was a questionable game for gabe kapler throughout.

33 minutes ago, Tank said:

I went to a dodgers game around 75 or so and Ron Cey hit a slam in the B1, and that was it for the rest of the game. 4-0 doggies.

My first trip to Dodger Stadium was in 1975. They were playing the Astros, and that was the year that the Stros debuted the tequila sunrise uniforms. I had no idea who they were until I looked at the scoreboard. If I recall correctly, J. R. Richard started for Houston.

8 hours ago, m0nkey said:

That was Michael Lorenzen on the Reds, who's actually played the outfield multiple times this year.  They're trying to make him an occasional two-way player.

Phillies just lost in the 15th.  They had an outfield pitch and a pitcher play the outfield to end the game.  Had this game on for a while (unfortunately), and it was a questionable game for gabe kapler throughout.

Gabe  Kapler might be the worst manager I’ve seen in the last 10 years. 

8 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

My first trip to Dodger Stadium was in 1975. They were playing the Astros, and that was the year that the Stros debuted the tequila sunrise uniforms. I had no idea who they were until I looked at the scoreboard. If I recall correctly, J. R. Richard started for Houston.

J.R. Richard sounds like one of AO's nicknames.

14 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

1966 for me, Pirates with Clemente, Stargell, Matty Alou, Maseroski, Clendennon, etc.

Drysdale vs Don Cardwell

1 hour ago, Kody Mac said:

Because of course. Either they have the greatest coaches to play the game or they’re cheating somehow. 

Everyone goes to Houston and adds 5 mph, revitalizes their career, or adds another few hundred revolutions to their pitches. Just coincidence. 

35 minutes ago, Kody Mac said:

There’s no way a pitching coach is THAT good to the point where the rest of the league hasn’t caught on. They’re adding velocity, adding spin rate, and basically dominating the league. It’s insane. 

If their coaching were the sole reason they wouldn't have seen all their homegrown SPs fail the way they have.   Outside of McCullers who is currently broken, their farm hasn't really seen anyone come up and produce.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

If their coaching were the sole reason they wouldn't have seen all their homegrown SPs fail the way they have.   Outside of McCullers who is currently broken, their farm hasn't really seen anyone come up and produce.

You stop that! What did Doc tell you about narratives?