• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ESPN Laying Off Hundreds

I've actually been curious about this subject for a while and this isn't a surprise.

Cable television as a whole seems to be going by the wayside with streaming, apps, and all the various computer ways to watch television. I really see no reason not to watch via computer or computer programs outside of sports. Which is interesting because they are the ones buying up the rights, but also passing the coverage costs onto consumers. At the same time, sporting rights are exponentially growing like athletes contracts.

I can vision no cable anymore, but rather you are buying sports or sporting packages. Or even something like ppv but with the NFL or NBA, similar to what Directv already does but with tweaks.

i hope this puts an end to the silliness of their "best uniforms" or "greatest athlete of all time" shenanigans.

but honestly, in my heart, i know this will mean less hockey coverage before pretty much anything else.

i hope this puts an end to the silliness of their "best uniforms" or "greatest athlete of all time" shenanigans.

but honestly, in my heart, i know this will mean less hockey coverage before pretty much anything else.

I never watch ESPN for any analysis.  They're a waste of time and other than actual live sporting events and the rare 30 for 30 that interests me, I don't watch ESPN at all anymore.  I get all my sports news online and from NHL/MLB/NFL/NBA networks.  It's much less aggravating than having a bunch of loud mouthed personalities created by those Bristol idiots yelling at me.  I'm a much happier sports fan in spite of the fact that all my teams are terrible.

The only way there's less hockey coverage is if there is no hockey coverage.  I hope ESPN burns.  All the other major networks have 24/7 sports networks now, yet they still act like they're the only guy on the block.

Espn managed to takeovers sports fans' dream and turn it into a caricature of itself. They've become so awful, but hey don't realize it because they're so bloody smug.

I wish I had the NHL and MLB networks. I've been satisfied with the NBC sports networks hockey coverage.

I often wonder why fox sports west hasn't had a sports highlight show, but I guess they're addressing that now.

Espn managed to takeovers sports fans' dream and turn it into a caricature of itself. They've become so awful, but hey don't realize it because they're so bloody smug.

I wish I had the NHL and MLB networks. I've been satisfied with the NBC sports networks hockey coverage.

I often wonder why fox sports west hasn't had a sports highlight show, but I guess they're addressing that now.

You probably already know this, but you need to get the MLB network. Other than that stupid Kevin Millar catchphrase "Got heeeem!" - which is worse than anything ESPN ever came up with - it's solid. I don't even watch ESPN any more.

Edit: after I submitted this I realized I lied to some extent.  I'm at work and "watching" the game on ESPN gamecast.  I need to switch to another feed. 

Just in time Fox Sports:

Wonder how much of the baseball will be blacked out.

As for ESPN, they have the most expensive programming in the cable/satellite universe. They pass costs on. They charge for half the content on their website. And they're laying people off?