• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

46 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

We're not voting about fees and rules in a condominium. We're voting on healthcare, taxes, immigration, jobs, wages, nuclear disarmament, and other essential things that affect all american lives.

Comparing it to voting on rules in a condominium is incredibly stupid. 

The majority should always decide the direction of the country. 70k idiots across 3 states shouldn't overrule the votes of 65 million people with a 3 million plurality. 

The electoral college is non-democratic and divisive and should be abolished.

Cute answer but you still stubbornly refuse to recognize we have 50 separate elections that day, not one national election.

You can’t use “extra” votes in the California or New York election to help you win entirely separate elections in other states.

Again, this shit really is not that complicated.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

We're not voting about fees and rules in a condominium. We're voting on healthcare, taxes, immigration, jobs, wages, nuclear disarmament, and other essential things that affect all american lives.

Comparing it to voting on rules in a condominium is incredibly stupid. 

The majority should always decide the direction of the country. 70k idiots across 3 states shouldn't overrule the votes of 65 million people with a 3 million plurality. 

The electoral college is non-democratic and divisive and should be abolished.

If you want to play that game, remove Cali and Trump wins by 2 million votes. Remove New York and Cali , Trump wins by 4 million. The Founders developed a pretty good plan. Imagine if the whole country was ran by two of the three most bankrupt states in the union. 

14 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Cute answer but you still stubbornly refuse to recognize we have 50 separate elections that day, not one national election.

You can’t use “extra” votes in the California or New York election to help you win entirely separate elections in other states.

Again, this shit really is not that complicated.

I'm wondering if Dtwncbad is another cals alt. Wasn't his writing close to flop levels a few weeks ago? And now he's very erudite.

13 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'm wondering if Dtwncbad is another cals alt. Wasn't his writing close to flop levels a few weeks ago? And now he's very erudite.

It seems suspicious to you that more than one poster can be mentally organized in understanding the electoral college?

This is fucking hilarious. 

15 hours ago, Jason said:

Wrong. Health care, taxes, immigration, jobs, wages and those things vary from region to region and state to state. That’s why the electoral college is still relevant. What is important for New York may not be the same for those in South Dakota. Of course it isn’t democratic because we aren’t a democracy. 

in 2016 2.8 million New Yorkers cast their for vote for Trump.  Meanwhile South Dakota has a population of 850k.  lol

9 hours ago, angelinkc said:

If you want to play that game, remove Cali and Trump wins by 2 million votes. Remove New York and Cali , Trump wins by 4 million. The Founders developed a pretty good plan. Imagine if the whole country was ran by two of the three most bankrupt states in the union. 

Yes, screw the most people as possible.  

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

You probably don’t realize you haven’t explained, at all, how anyone is getting screwed by the electoral college.

There are more Republicans in New York and California than there is combined population of several red states. Meanwhile all the Dems in deep red states.   In reality, there are only about 8 swing states each election that get pandered to and everyone else gets a big FU.

10 hours ago, angelinkc said:

I see your Cali and New York and I will remove Texas, Kentucky, and Alabama. 

Your turn.

55 minutes ago, Rico said:

There are more Republicans in New York and California than there is combined population of several red states. Meanwhile all the Dems in deep red states.   In reality, there are only about 8 swing states each election that get pandered to and everyone else gets a big FU.

The whining is loud.  Basically the complaint is there are actually people in each state that end up not on the winning side of their own state election.  Oh, the horror.

I vote Republican in California.  I am on the losing side in California in a Presidential election.  I don’t cry about it.

Somebody wins and somebody loses.  Grown ups deal with it rather than froth at the mouth over an entirely irrelevant and contrived idea of a “popular vote” that literally does not exist.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

The whining is loud.  Basically the complaint is there are actually people in each state that end up not on the winning side of their own state election.  Oh, the horror.

I vote Republican in California.  I am on the losing side in California in a Presidential election.  I don’t cry about it.

Somebody wins and somebody loses.  Grown ups deal with it rather than froth at the mouth over an entirely irrelevant and contrived idea of a “popular vote” that literally does not exist.

You just explained why the electoral college should be abolished.

Your vote will actually start to mean something.

10 minutes ago, Tank said:

the EC wasn't a problem until hilary lost.

Democrats always want systems that protect the minority, other than in just one specific situation: where they are the majority.  And then, of course, they want a system that doesn’t protect the minority. 

Edited by Dtwncbad