• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

43 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Government class? No they weren't offered.

Also, every vote is 1 vote. So again, what's the problem?

It seems only Republicans have an issue with this because most people aren't racist, backwards ass shitheads and won't vote for their party so they need the boost.

You sound well traveled.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

What's the reason?

Popular vote doesn't mean shit?

The reason is simple.  We are not electing a President of the population.

We are electing someone to Preside over the Unity of the States.  All the states.

So, by design, we make sure every State has the potential to be influential in the election and cannot be easily dominated by the more populated states.

This is just not that complicated if people would stop for one second and recognize what the office actually is. 
President of the Untied States, not President of the National Population.

Look if somebody wants to propose we also have a President of the National Population and draw up the scope of that job, fine.

But we don’t have that office right now and never have.

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

Correct, it's so we don't have a mob rule type system. That's a good thing  

Eh. I'm good with keeping the electoral college but sometimes I feel like this is a scare tactic. 40 of 45 presidents have won both the the popular vote as well as the electoral college. So it doesn't necessarily mean everything goes to the mob if we get out of it. 

Plus I feel like with the current system, we're pretty much stuck with the two parties since it stifles any legitimate other parties contending, which is why the two won't ever let anything happen to the current system.

I will say though in hindsight (since I was an idiotic supporter of it at age 18), if going with the popular vote meant no Iraq War, sign me up.

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Eh. I'm good with keeping the electoral college but sometimes I feel like this is a scare tactic. 40 of 45 presidents have won both the the popular vote as well as the electoral college. So it doesn't necessarily mean everything goes to the mob if we get out of it. 

Plus I feel like with the current system, we're pretty much stuck with the two parties since it stifles any legitimate other parties contending, which is why the two won't ever let anything happen to the current system.

I will say though in hindsight (since I was an idiotic supporter of it at age 18), if going with the popular vote meant no Iraq War, sign me up.

If you win all the big states and win the (fictitious and literally nonexistent) popular vote but lose the election, the message and lesson is clear.

You were obviously not campaigning a message for enough of the States.  And the job is to Preside over the Unity of the States.

Go back to the drawing board and try again. You failed. 

I have 4 people living in my house.  I have neighbors who live alone and neighbors with 10 people living in the house.

When the HOA has a vote, there is no overall popular vote. Every home gets a vote.

The ten people in the one house cannot overwhelm the voice of 4,5, or 6 other homes.

Our country is literally the unity of 50 states.  They system has to be a set up to be fair to all the states.  Just like you don’t let the “population” in one house in an HOA to overwhelm the other homes, our system has to make sure the “population” of one state cannot overwhelm too much of the other states.

4 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I have 4 people living in my house.  I have neighbors who live alone and neighbors with 10 people living in the house.

When the HOA has a vote, there is no overall popular vote. Every home gets a vote.

The ten people in the one house cannot overwhelm the voice of 4,5, or 6 other homes.

Our country is literally the unity of 50 states.  They system has to be a set up to be fair to all the states.  Just like you don’t let the “population” in one house in an HOA to overwhelm the other homes, our system has to make sure the “population” of one state cannot overwhelm too much of the other states.

We're not voting about fees and rules in a condominium. We're voting on healthcare, taxes, immigration, jobs, wages, nuclear disarmament, and other essential things that affect all american lives.

Comparing it to voting on rules in a condominium is incredibly stupid. 

The majority should always decide the direction of the country. 70k idiots across 3 states shouldn't overrule the votes of 65 million people with a 3 million plurality. 

The electoral college is non-democratic and divisive and should be abolished.

8 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

We're not voting about fees and rules in a condominium. We're voting on healthcare, taxes, immigration, jobs, wages, nuclear disarmament, and other essential things that affect all american lives.

The majority should always decide the direction of the country. 70k idiots across 3 states shouldn't overrule the votes of 65 million people with a 3 million plurality. 

I agree that the electoral college skus, but I don't know if the majority should always decide the direction across the country. A majority of people condoned slavery back in the day, but that didn't make it right.

13 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I agree that the electoral college skus, but I don't know if the majority should always decide the direction across the country. A majority of people condoned slavery back in the day, but that didn't make it right.

Lincoln was elected wasn't he? So the majority did decide the direction of the country at that time.

35 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Wrong. Health care, taxes, immigration, jobs, wages and those things vary from region to region and state to state. That’s why the electoral college is still relevant. What is important for New York may not be the same for those in South Dakota. Of course it isn’t democratic because we aren’t a democracy. 

Edited by Jason