• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler’s final season or not

Troll Daddy

A fourth straight losing season would not be a ringing endorsement. I can imagine that Arte is waiting to see results.

I understand that he has improved the farms system (it literally could not have gone any lower in ranking), but there still hasn't been much to show for it, at the big league level. Fletcher was drafted by Dipoto, I believe. Has anyone else that he drafted made it and stuck? His stopgap measures like Valbuena, Marte, Kinsler and the revolving door in LF (before Upton) didnt pan out.  He's been a bit unlucky, to say the least, in terms of some of the guys he let go, who did better than here (a familiar theme, previous to him), Chacin and Chavez come to mind, but, given the seasons they had here, it was tough to justify extending them.

Was he responsible for extending Kole? Looked like a good plan, at the time, but it has not panned out.

It seems like he was very instrumental in the signing of Ohtani, which is a big plus. The Simmons trade is his hallmark, so far.

I think this might be a make-or-break year for him. He needs to win for Arte's sake and possibly for Trout's.

The guy seems to know how to work well within a budget. I'd love to see what he could do without the Albertross contract. 

I like him. He seems to have, to use a hackneyed term, moxie. I think he's probably the most intelligent and capable GM we've ever had. Bad luck, especially injuries, has derailed him. Love to see what he can do with a real budget that isnt tied into previously sunken salaries.

30 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

A fourth straight losing season would not be a ringing endorsement. I can imagine that Arte is waiting to see results.

I understand that he has improved the farms system (it literally could not have gone any lower in ranking), but there still hasn't been much to show for it, at the big league level. Fletcher was drafted by Dipoto, I believe. Has anyone else that he drafted made it and stuck? His stopgap measures like Valbuena, Marte, Kinsler and the revolving door in LF (before Upton) didnt pan out.  He's been a bit unlucky, to say the least, in terms of some of the guys he let go, who did better than here (a familiar theme, previous to him), Chacin and Chavez come to mind, but, given the seasons they had here, it was tough to justify extending them.

Was he responsible for extending Kole? Looked like a good plan, at the time, but it has not panned out.

It seems like he was very instrumental in the signing of Ohtani, which is a big plus. The Simmons trade is his hallmark, so far.

I think this might be a make-or-break year for him. He needs to win for Arte's sake and possibly for Trout's.

The guy seems to know how to work well within a budget. I'd love to see what he could do without the Albertross contract. 

I like him. He seems to have, to use a hackneyed term, moxie. I think he's probably the most intelligent and capable GM we've ever had. Bad luck, especially injuries, has derailed him. Love to see what he can do with a real budget that isnt tied into previously sunken salaries.

He couldn’t flip this talentless wasteland into something amazing in 3 years. How was he supposed to get players that he drafted to stick in the big leagues in that time frame? Marte, Joyce, etc were all because he had a tight budget and no prospect currency to improve the big league club. 

I heard he was getting extended but it hasn't happened yet.  I can't imagine they don't like what he has done.  Maybe it is just a simple business thing where they want him to be as motivated as possible for these meetings, and then they extend him.  That could backfire too as you can also say you don't want your GM making decisions with any ongoing distractions of their own contract.

Whatever.  I still think we will see him get extended this offseason.