• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you think Dipoto would trade for Skaggs again?

Chuck

Third time's a charm?

Maybe we can throw in Baldoquin and land Segura for 2B?

Skaggs, we pay for Cozart's 2019 campaign (who plays SS for the M's, Dee Gordon has been moved to 2B) and then throw in Baldoquin for Segura?

Also, he just acquired a former farmhand in Ricardo Sanchez. 

Before he started his 're-imagining' I would've guaranteed you that he would have,  but with Skaggs only being controlled two more seasons, not so sure anymore - I'm sure he'd still be interested, but not to the point where he'd be offering us Segura or Diaz or the one prospect they have left, and if it doesn't involve those guys, I can't say I'd be that interested.

Keep in mind Jerry tried hard to acquire Cozart numerous times as well. 
I'd deal Skaggs, one of Ward/Jones/Thaiss, and insist on Cozart/Calhoun to be included to shed some salary for Segura. 

Freed up money can go towards an impact SP, RF, or 3B FA. Preferably making this trade after we had signed a FA. 

Could also see a 3-way deal work out, perhaps with San Diego, St. Louis, or Arizona. It's the rare instance where a 3-way trade actually may make it less complicated.

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Keep in mind Jerry tried hard to acquire Cozart numerous times as well. 
I'd deal Skaggs, one of Ward/Jones/Thaiss, and insist on Cozart/Calhoun to be included to shed some salary for Segura. 

Freed up money can go towards an impact SP, RF, or 3B FA. Preferably making this trade after we had signed a FA. 

Could also see a 3-way deal work out, perhaps with San Diego or Arizona.

I like it. 

And if you don't think Dipoto would overvalue his own prospects he drafted here in Anaheim, you'd be mistaken. 

Dude loves re-acquiring any player he's ever been involved with, be it in trade, waivers, minor league FA. 

He'd love to get his hands on Ward or Jones after the Angels turned them into something. It's easy to joke about, but he actually probably would take Baldoquin as the last piece in a deal.

Benoit posted a 2.34 ERA the season before and De Los Santos was a late-blooming teen yet to reach full-season ball, so the deal made sense at the time. Benoit didn’t pitch well for the Mariners, however, posting a 5.18 ERA in 26 appearances and was traded to the Blue Jays, for whom he posted a 0.38 ERA in 25 appearances. 

Could have it been the environment in Seattle?

And I'm not talking weather.

If the Mariners get this guy in addition to Kelenic and Dunn, then Jerry has made a good trade (depending on how much $$$ they're paying for Cano over his next 5 years). 

According to Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com, Jeff McNeil is among the Mets being discussed in the Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz trade talks.

McNeil burst onto the scene as a 26-year-old rookie in 2018, slashing .329/.381/.471 over his first 248 major league plate appearances. He would take over at second base in Seattle, with Cano and his big contract heading to New York. McNeil is under control through 2024 and won't be arbitration-eligible until 2022.