• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols Is Done.... Less Than 200 AB's In 2019.

36 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Two more seasons like this and Albert passes Alex Rodriguez and lands in 4th place on the all time home run list.

Who here wouldn't want to see A-Roid bumped down a notch?

Go Pujols!

In all honesty, me. Comparatively, we are very weak at 1B, and I'd prefer to see Pujols shift into a power bat off the bench sort of role, and have him replaced by someone that will generate more production, whoever that may be.

I just don't think actual playoff teams are willing to punt on a spot in their lineup, let alone the 1B/DH, which is supposed to be one of the best hitters in the starting 9.

5 hours ago, Griffey's Corner said:

Without reading all the comments on here about how I was proven wrong and Pujol's had a bounce back year. His batting average is the same .245 as it was last year. He has 4 more HR's because he had more games, more at bats, more plate appearances, & the ball seems to be juiced this year.

I was expecting or hoping. Wishful thinking that The Angel's would bring in some better talent than Justin Bour.

It really is amazing that some posters on here celebrate mediocrity & crap. Pujol's with the Cardinals had seasons of .357 & .359 batting averages. One year is OBP was .462.  In 4 of the last 5 seasons Pujol's batting average has been .245 or lower. 9 of the 10 years of Pujol's contract will be a total disaster.... is first year was just bad based on the expectations & money. I remember a lot of posters at the time freaking out. I do not think Pujols should be a first ballot Hall Of Famer is legacy has been completely wrecked. Over half his career will be spent as a has been. A team that wishes they did not have him on the team.

The expectation level being so low is a big reason why the Angels are headed for their worst season in 20 years.

Same posters that celebrate Pujols might be the same ones that think Eppler has done an amazing job inheriting a team that had 11 winning seasons in the previous 14 years with one world title. And so far he has had 4 straight losing seasons.... with this one being the worst. Until 1 player from the farm pans out don't celebrate that either. He has had plenty to work with. Every year the Angels spend more than almost any team in baseball.  You win with pitching.... The pitching is worse now than it ever has been in the history of the entire franchise.

You guys keep talking about the team has been hamstrung because of the Pujol's contract. Almost every team has at least 1 bad contract. This is more than made up for Ohtani playing for peanuts and Trout taking a lot less money than he could have received. The Harvey & Cahill signings were moronic. 

Who is this Angel you keep referring to? Or this Pujol person? Is there some guy named Angel Pujol we're not aware of?

@EnglishCop, care to weigh in?