• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday 9/28 Oakland A-Holes vs Angels

Blarg

6 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

It seems that every time an Angels pitcher starts firing in triple digits, the former Angels-Yankees-Dodger pitcher's name -- Thomas John -- soon follows.

Kids grow up playing video games these days, their arms don't age as well as those from my dads generation that grew up playing just sports & more sports.

Seems like younger & younger players are getting Tommy Johnned every year.

Before we know it they'll be Tommy John surgery happening to HS players.

1 minute ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Kids grow up playing video games these days, their arms don't age as well as those from my dads generation that grew up playing just sports & more sports.

Bartolo pulls his own plow around the farm during his offseasons.

51 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

New flash it’s already happening 

30 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

New flash it’s already happening 

Wow. I won't be surprised if in the year 2030 we see players missing catches cause they were on their phone tweeting, kids today are born with an iPhone or tablet in their hands & learn how to use iPhones before they can walk or talk.

1 hour ago, eligrba4ever said:

Bartolo pulls his own plow around the farm during his offseasons.

Bartolo may be fat, but i bet he grew up with no nintendo & likely did more chores & sports than kids today even came close to doing.

Its like dogs, if you don't walk ur dog its legs will go bad. If people grow up being less active physically than previous generations they are gonna break down easier.

I've read that early onset of colon cancer has gone up among millenials likely due to increased video game culture where people spend hours sitting. The more you exercise the more reliable & productive a digestive system is, as well as reducing risk for type 2 diabetes.

All the health risk factors from lack of exercise is why i've forced myself to take breaks from the computer to exercise a bit. Even if a person doesn't lose weight just being more active is better for their blood sugar, heart rate, blood pressure, digestive system & it also helps create endorphins which help our minds manage stress/depression/anxiety.

9 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

It happened to Adenhart at Williamsport High School.

8 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Wow. I won't be surprised if in the year 2030 we see players missing catches cause they were on their phone tweeting, kids today are born with an iPhone or tablet in their hands & learn how to use iPhones before they can walk or talk.

Bartolo may be fat, but i bet he grew up with no nintendo & likely did more chores & sports than kids today even came close to doing.

Its like dogs, if you don't walk ur dog its legs will go bad. If people grow up being less active physically than previous generations they are gonna break down easier.

I've read that early onset of colon cancer has gone up among millenials likely due to increased video game culture where people spend hours sitting. The more you exercise the more reliable & productive a digestive system is, as well as reducing risk for type 2 diabetes.

All the health risk factors from lack of exercise is why i've forced myself to take breaks from the computer to exercise a bit. Even if a person doesn't lose weight just being more active is better for their blood sugar, heart rate, blood pressure, digestive system & it also helps create endorphins which help our minds manage stress/depression/anxiety.

I walk about 20-25 miles a week now.   It does wonders physically and mentally.

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

Fun game to be at until late... CSUF night and tons of high school choir kids in the stands. 

Hope Trout hits #40 tonight and the Angels hammer em again 

Can't believe it's almost over

Still remember that classic LBSU/CSUF basketball rivalry in the 1970s.   Might have been the most intense college basketball one on the West Coast at the time.

Did Scioscia not trust Barria to get one more out in the 5th with a 5 run lead?   Would have been nice to complete the season with his 11th win.

A great rookie season for him, and as good of a rookie season as anyone not named Ohtani, Andujar, Torres, or Wendle, and it was only his age 21/22 season.

Unlike Jason Dickson, who was run into the ground by Collins in 1997, Barria was brought along at a correct pace.   Hope to see at least 162 innings next season for him.

9 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Kids play baseball year round in competitive travel leagues. They enter the MLB draft with 30 year old arms at 18 on a year round muscle building routine. Don't kid yourself about differences in generations, that somehow back in the day playing some over the line made them superior athletes. 

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Did Scioscia not trust Barria to get one more out in the 5th with a 5 run lead?   Would have been nice to complete the season with his 11th win.

A great rookie season for him, and as good of a rookie season as anyone not named Ohtani, Andujar, Torres, or Wendle, and it was only his age 21/22 season.

Unlike Jason Dickson, who was run into the ground by Collins in 1997, Barria was brought along at a correct pace.   Hope to see at least 162 innings next season for him.

He got yanked cause he lost his release point and walked 5 in 1 2/3 innings.

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I like how he calls out Scioscia when appropriate.

Unlike some of the sycophants here.

You’re a joke dude.  Big shock that a pitcher would fight for a pitcher.  How bout he calls him out for walking back to back guys and three guys total in the 5th inning while being given a 5 run lead.  How many times have you bitched about our pen walking the lead off batter in an inning?  You want to qualify for a win, throw some damn strikes.  If this was CJ Wilson you wouldn’t have created a thread about this “injustice”.