• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What baseball blogs/sites should a baseball fan subscribe to?

WeatherWonk

I dont get around the internet that much. Discussion boards and the comment sections are the extent of my social media visits where I interact. I dont like the unorganized, chronological deliver of sites like FB, Twitter and Instagram, though I can appreciate their immediacy. But I dont carry a phone for really any reason that to make/answer calls or research an impulsive purchase. I have made less than 10 posts on AW with my tablet;  none on my phone. The only notifications I allow through are weather or news related, messaging...............and, of course, baseball updates.

But I do like reading books and such on mobile devices. So, I think I would be OK with reading baseball blogs or columns or some type of medium-length format delivery of information. 

If you guys are willing, gimme your top three (or more) favorite baseball sites that would "push" material to me, either on a laptop or an MD. I prefer GENERAL baseball orientation over an outlet for any one team. 

Thank you for your recommendations, in advance. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

OC Register

In all seriousness, no other outlet (not the Athletic or the LA Times or MLB.com) covers the Angels as much as we do. 

For the second straight road trip, I’ll be only Angels beat writer on the whole trip. 

brown+bag+face+copy.jpgYou might need this for the next road trip.

17 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I love the OC Register and obviously Angelswin.com.  I think the Athletic has great angels coverage as well.  But it’s like 40 or 50 bucks for an annual subscription.   I think it’s worth it.  Especially if you want coverage for other sports. 

The Athletic is basically a digital version of Sports Illustrated that has writers who focus on (almost) every team. (The Angels aren’t one of them, though. They have a writer who splits his time between the Angels and Dodgers.) Their stories are often more big-picture, analytical and less nuts and bolts. They don’t even pretend to be the source of record for coverage of a team because they don’t have a story every day. 

I would encourage everyone to subscribe to it because there’s a lot of good stuff in there that they can do because they aren’t bogged down with what I am, which is having to produce a minumum amount of content every single day and hitting everything that’s happening. While I am at every game and continually updating menutia like when Tyler Skaggs is back and how Ohtani is doing against lefties, they have a writer going to SLC and sitting down with Griffin Canning. 

I think both are useful. If you can swing it, you should subscribe to both. 

4 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

The Athletic is basically a digital version of Sports Illustrated that has writers who focus on (almost) every team. (The Angels aren’t one of them, though. They have a writer who splits his time between the Angels and Dodgers.) Their stories are often more big-picture, analytical and less nuts and bolts. They don’t even pretend to be the source of record for coverage of a team because they don’t have a story every day. 

I would encourage everyone to subscribe to it because there’s a lot of good stuff in there that they can do because they aren’t bogged down with what I am, which is having to produce a minumum amount of content every single day and hitting everything that’s happening. While I am at every game and continually updating menutia like when Tyler Skaggs is back and how Ohtani is doing against lefties, they have a writer going to SLC and sitting down with Griffin Canning. 

Ya, it seems like they do manage a lot of Angels content tho.  Even without the dedicated guy.  It’s sort of weird that they have your boy Eric Stephens on the Ducks ( who does amazing work btw. ) but they have I guess a team approach for the Angels. Anyway it works and I’m satisfied with it.  Especially when I consider the other content for my other teams.  You’re spot on though as far as the Angels coverage.  It’s much more big picture stuff and not day to day stuff.  Which you’re my go to for.  Thanks for all you do Jeff. 

On 9/15/2018 at 12:52 PM, WeatherWonk said:

I dont get around the internet that much. Discussion boards and the comment sections are the extent of my social media visits where I interact. I dont like the unorganized, chronological deliver of sites like FB, Twitter and Instagram, though I can appreciate their immediacy. But I dont carry a phone for really any reason that to make/answer calls or research an impulsive purchase. I have made less than 10 posts on AW with my tablet;  none on my phone. The only notifications I allow through are weather or news related, messaging...............and, of course, baseball updates.

But I do like reading books and such on mobile devices. So, I think I would be OK with reading baseball blogs or columns or some type of medium-length format delivery of information. 

If you guys are willing, gimme your top three (or more) favorite baseball sites that would "push" material to me, either on a laptop or an MD. I prefer GENERAL baseball orientation over an outlet for any one team. 

Thank you for your recommendations, in advance. 

I guess I need to put this in bold type. 

Why would I need an Angels oriented site when I am already here? This site covers it. I get Register links here, too. 

43 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Isn’t splitting time with the Dogs like kissing your sister?

3 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

I guess I need to put this in bold type. 

Why would I need an Angels oriented site when I am already here? This site covers it. I get Register links here, too. 

I know you said you didn’t need team-specific stuff but I took the opportunity to plug our stuff for everyone else. 

Also, the stories that feed into here are not always updated. You only get the first draft without clicking to the site. 

15 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

"I would encourage everyone to subscribe to it because there’s a lot of good stuff in there they will most likely be my future employer as newspapers and ESPN lay off more longtime respected sportswriters."

FIXED.

I only subscribe and pay money to Baseball America. I love their prospect and draft content year round. 

Most of the stuff that the Athletic covers as far as analytical statistics can be found for free via Twitter, Fangraphs (who I donate to) or by our smart folks here at AngelsWin.com.

I only read the OC Register for Angels coverage, though I give Digi a click here and there from the LA Times just because he's a great guy that does a great job covering the Angels. 

Thank you for all your year round Angels coverage and participation here, @Jeff Fletcher.