• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Betts looks like runaway MVP

That team looks scary and he is the best player having an incredible year. Another year that Trout being on the Angels has been a detriment to the awards he could have won if he were  on a good team. This is on the front office. I know we've beaten it to death but Upton over Martinez is just another example of the Angels making the wrong free agent move. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Can someone send me a link stating JD Martinez wanted to be an Angel and would have accepted the same contract in Anaheim that he did in Boston, thanks guys.  

So you think if the Angels offered JD Martinez that contract he wouldn't have accepted it? His free agency lasted forever... He was there for the picking the Angels just had to swoop in but instead they panicked resigned Upton and didn't wanna get into a bidding war. At the end of the day it is what it is, they just were never in on him. Which this front office free agent offensive signings have been ehh. Who would you rather have Martinez or Upton? I'll take the answer off the air. 

4 minutes ago, Barrett said:

So you think if the Angels offered JD Martinez that contract he wouldn't have accepted it? His free agency lasted forever... He was there for the picking the Angels just had to swoop in but instead they panicked resigned Upton and didn't wanna get into a bidding war. At the end of the day it is what it is, they just were never in on him. Which this front office free agent offensive signings have been ehh. Who would you rather have Martinez or Upton? I'll take the answer off the air. 

We had Calhoun, Trout, Upton, Pujols and Ohtani...and we were at the luxury tax cap.

Where would we play him?  3B?

He was linked to Boston the second he became a free agent.  They were negotiated the entire off season.  He originally was requesting $250 million.  So I think if we offered him the same contract he would have used it to get more from Boston.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

He was linked to Boston the second he became a free agent.  They were negotiated the entire off season.  He originally was requesting $250 million.  So I think if we offered him the same contract he would have used it to get more from Boston.  

Signing him took so long because Boston knew he wanted to go there so they had all the leverage

8 minutes ago, Barrett said:

Please bring out your crystal ball and tell us what the Angels should do this next off season so that we can avoid these types of conversations in the future.  Your insights into predicting the market, the cost of landing specific free-agents and the timing of such signings will be extremely useful.  Thank you.  We appreciate your contributions.

4 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

We had Calhoun, Trout, Upton, Pujols and Ohtani...and we were at the luxury tax cap.

RF.  Duh.  Do you not recall many fans in the offseason saying the Angels would be smart to upgrade RF?  To sign JD, and trade Calhoun?

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Also Boras is his agent.  

Boras is just an agent. I get some of you have this weird obsession with Boras being this evil mad genius who hates ball clubs. But in reality he is just the players agent and similarly to a real estate agent he is going to do what the player wants. If the player wants to play somewhere he will get him the most money he can which is what a good agent does. And to him being linked... so what that is just news media speculating stuff because Boston really needed offense. Media members are wrong all the time. 

1 minute ago, Barrett said:

Boras is just an agent. I get some of you have this weird obsession with Boras being this evil mad genius who hates ball clubs. But in reality he is just the players agent and similarly to a real estate agent he is going to do what the player wants. If the player wants to play somewhere he will get him the most money he can which is what a good agent does. And to him being linked... so what that is just news media speculating stuff because Boston really needed offense. Media members are wrong all the time. 

Well..

image.png.4f1028365be3f1d536cd76b29467c100.png

2 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Please bring out your crystal ball and tell us what the Angels should do this next off season so that we can avoid these types of conversations in the future.  Your insights into predicting the market, the cost of landing specific free-agents and the timing of such signings will be extremely useful.  Thank you.  We appreciate your contributions.

I will tell you once the off season comes. I don't know who will be free agents right now.

Mookie Betts is having a better year than Trout. That wasn't the case a month ago, but Trout has been mediocre for about a month now and Betts took off from where he was before his injury.

Jose Ramirez is no slouch, though. It comes down to those three, depending upon how they play in the second half. If Trout returns to form he could win it, because both Betts and Ramirez will lose votes to teammates (Martinez and Lindor, respectively).

2 minutes ago, Barrett said:

There’s a difference between us not liking Boras and Arte not dealing with Boras.

8 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

People smarter than I said multiple times that we should have traded Calhoun. I was one of them. Also I don't care about Pujols and have said that many times. Pujols is a sunk cost already. I don't care what they are spending on him, he isn't helping the Angels and hasn't for some time. You could have played him in LF or RF or DH multiple spots. Similarly what the Sox are doing with him. 

I'd rather have Martinez.  I'd also rather have Max Scherzer, and Aroldis Chapman, and Justin Verlander and Garrett Cole and Chris Sale and whole slew other other players who had no interest in playing for the Angels that we couldn't afford had they been so 

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Mookie Betts is having a better year than Trout. That wasn't the case a month ago, but Trout has been mediocre for about a month now and Betts took off from where he was before his injury.

Jose Ramirez is no slouch, though. It comes down to those three, depending upon how they play in the second half. If Trout returns to form he could win it, because both Betts and Ramirez will lose votes to teammates (Martinez and Lindor, respectively).

Those guys are not losing votes to teammates.  Unless you want to admit Trout would lose votes to Simmons?

1 minute ago, Dick B Back said:

There’s a difference between us not liking Boras and Arte not dealing with Boras.

Then that kind of puts the team in a bad position if a player we so desire has hired Boras that the Angels wont even communicate with them. and the GM has his phone number blocked from contacting Boras by the owner. Sounds like a horrible business practice.