• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels @ Orioles 7/01 Gameday thread

17 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

It’s called baseball.  In a long season teams out perform other teams in 3-4 game series.  We aren’t nearly as good as Houston yet took 2/3 from them.  

Yeah, the Rays, A's, and Mariners are just a little bit more lucky than us. That's why they're moving up in the standings and we're falling.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Rays win 3 of 4 from Houston and are in a virtual tie with the Angels in the standings.

Quit worrying about other teams.   We dont start get a big winning streak it doesnt matter.  F the Ray's and F the Mariners we cant beat Toronto. Oakland, KC, Baltimore we it wont matter what we do!

24 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Strange Stat of the Year:

In the entire month of June, Baltimore did not win a single game against an AL opponent. All six of their wins were against NL teams.

That other quote about this being their first win against an AL West opponent is also mind-boggling. They are truly terrible and their two best players will be gone after this year.

35 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Yeah, the Rays, A's, and Mariners are just a little bit more lucky than us. That's why they're moving up in the standings and we're falling.

They are luckier than is.  Their pitching staff wasnt destroyed by injuries.

5 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Quit worrying about other teams.   We dont start get a big winning streak it doesnt matter.  F the Ray's and F the Mariners we cant beat Toronto. Oakland, KC, Baltimore we it wont matter what we do!

Some of us are BASEBALL fans, not just Angel fans. We like to discuss why teams are successful and why they suck, from an analytical standpoint. What's the problem?

20 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Some of us are BASEBALL fans, not just Angel fans. We like to discuss why teams are successful and why they suck, from an analytical standpoint. What's the problem?

I would say in your case the inability to be objective when it comes to the Angels.  

8 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I’ll let you know when I see some from you.  

Dont you think I know I come across as a bitter Angel fan? I know I do. I am just so frustrated with how this team has gone since 2009. Remember, I have followed the Angels since the Fregosi era. I have seen a lot worse teams than this, in Angel history.

I do see some hope in the changes Eppler is bringing. All these injuries are some serious bad luck. The bad signing were not.

But I'm not going to stop being objective about bad decisions the Angels make or the good decisions that other clubs make. Or the circumstances the Angels seem to find themselves in, with regards to an extension with Trout.

I was one of the first to feel than Skaggs had a chance to be our best pitcher, and stated that in the first few weeks of the season. I call em like I see em.

But the frustration is going to boil over, occasionally, when we cant be competitive against good teams. And we really havent been since 2009. 

Anyway, if we keep this dialogue up, we may just get the GDT to five pages....................

2 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Bullshit.  Your not talking baseball and their personal.  The comments are always in reference to them passing the angels.

At least be honest!

2 hours ago, stormngt said:

Bullshit.  Your not talking baseball and their personal.  The comments are always in reference to them passing the angels.

At least be honest!

OK, from now on I'll refer to it as the Angels falling past the other teams, if that will make you happy. But that seems rather "glass half empty" to me.

11 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

OK, from now on I'll refer to it as the Angels falling past the other teams, if that will make you happy. But that seems rather "glass half empty" to me.

That's exactly what it was.  No analysis on why!

It has nothing to do with half empty.  We have collapsed in June.  We lost games we shouldn't have.  Calhoun went AWOL,  Cozart has been a disappointment.   We lost our best pitcher and 2nd best hitter to the DL.  We lost our closer to DL and bullpen sucks.  We have pitchers on the mound have 6 starting pitchers on the DL and we are forced to put pitchers in the game that are so bad that they shouldn't be near a MLB stadium.  We are getting to a point where it's going to take divine intervention to get into the playoffs.

That is an anslysis!

"Dont look now but Tampa Bay is going to pass us in the standings " is an example of being a b@@@!