• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

(0,0) time to retool this roster and make a run thread

It's time to retool this roster, at this point of the season we must treat our record as 0-0. The positive to the second part of our season is that's its a bit easier compared to Seattle, Seattle has to play Houston, Red Sox and Yankees for a total of 24 games combines, than they still have to play us another 12 times as well as a few games against Arizona. While we get to  play Houston for 13 games and than a few games against dodgers, Az and Colorado. The most important series will be the Seattle series, we get 1 sweep, we are back in this. I've made a listen of things to do( Most which have been stated before) .

1. Trade for a proven closer.

The closer market has shrinked a bit, with Famillia being the top choice left.  Yes he has had his past issue, but he's the best option left on the market that will not cost big pieces in our farm system. Trade for famiilia and we get an all-start calibrate closer,  He'll be entering his prime at 29 next year and if we compete and he likes Orange Country, we could resign him, similar to Upton and street

2. Along with famillia trade for Wheeler, he still has an extra year of control and he has shown traces of domination. He has pitched much better than what his numbers have suggested, and if he struggles put him in the Bullpen.

3. Offense needs a charge, like many other post  have stated, call up Ward and thaiss to replace Cozart and Valbuena. Try to ask kinlser if he's willing to accepts an trade and if yes, trade him since his value is a bit high at this time and make Fletcher our starting 2nd baseman.   

4. Move Trout make to the 3-hole, I liked the ideal of him betting 2nd but if people are not getting on base, buts the points. Solution to this would be to add 2 guys in front that have high OBP.

Since English is not my first language and writing/typing are not my strong skill, I Humbly apologize for errors that are in this post. If you guys have the ability to fix the error or want to, please do.   Thank You. 

Potential New line-up:

2nd Fletcher

1st Thaiss

CF Trout

Lf  Upton

Dh Pujols

SS Simmons

Rf Cahloun

3rd Ward 

C Malde

Bench - Cowart, Valbuena/Marte and Catcher 

Rotation:

1. Skaggs

2. Richards

3.  Heaney

4. Wheeler

5. Barria

6. Pena

Guys that should return soon- Tropecano and SHoemaker

Bullpen:

Noe

Alvarez 

Bedrock

Anderson

Parker 

Famiilia 

one last reliver

If you have different ideas or post for line-ups, rotations and BP, feel free to post them 

6 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

No sir, it applies to the win loss record. should have added the dash(-) I apologize.

basically since we are at 500, I'm treating 0-0. Forget what has happen. the past 30 games or so.

but no one else is 0-0.  

At this point, if i'm eppler, I ain't doin' shit except for maybe grab a couple of additional relieves off waivers.  

We have to treat the next 80 games as a fresh start, (0-0). Forget the bad last month we had and start new, clear our minds. 

Reason is because Seattle has to play houstan, Red Sox and Yankee's for a total of 38 games out of the 80, Than 12 against us, 2 against Colorado and Arizona.   

11 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

It's time to retool this roster, at this point of the season we must treat our record as 0-0. The positive to the second part of our season is that's its a bit easier compared to Seattle, Seattle has to play Houston, Red Sox and Yankees for a total of 24 games combines, than they still have to play us another 12 times as well as a few games against Arizona. While we get to  play Houston for 13 games and than a few games against dodgers, Az and Colorado. The most important series will be the Seattle series, we get 1 sweep, we are back in this. I've made a listen of things to do( Most which have been stated before) .

1. Trade for a proven closer.

The closer market has shrinked a bit, with Famillia being the top choice left.  Yes he has had his past issue, but he's the best option left on the market that will not cost big pieces in our farm system. Trade for famiilia and we get an all-start calibrate closer,  He'll be entering his prime at 29 next year and if we compete and he likes Orange Country, we could resign him, similar to Upton and street

2. Along with famillia trade for Wheeler, he still has an extra year of control and he has shown traces of domination. He has pitched much better than what his numbers have suggested, and if he struggles put him in the Bullpen.

3. Offense needs a charge, like many other post  have stated, call up Ward and thaiss to replace Cozart and Valbuena. Try to ask kinlser if he's willing to accepts an trade and if yes, trade him since his value is a bit high at this time and make Fletcher our starting 2nd baseman.   

4. Move Trout make to the 3-hole, I liked the ideal of him betting 2nd but if people are not getting on base, buts the points. Solution to this would be to add 2 guys in front that have high OBP.

Since English is not my first language and writing/typing are not my strong skill, I Humbly apologize for errors that are in this post. If you guys have the ability to fix the error or want to, please do.   Thank You. 

I love the confidence people have in Ward and Thais.  Kind of reminds me of the confidence many had in Wood and McPhearson.

I like JMF to get more shots.  Drop Valbueno.

Like the idea of trading Kinsler

There maybe some value in him since he starting to hit.

Well the only reason i have confidence in Ward and Thaiss is that they can't be any worst than Cozart and Valbuena.

Heck if they both hit about 250 and an OPB around 320, i'll take it as improvement.

But i think they'll be fine, i was looking at Wards stats a few days ago and i found out that he use the entire filed really well, I believe he has an 40 % rate of going to Right field, 35 % left and 15% to center. Pretty good for!

For thaiss i believe some of the home runs may turn into double, but he also use the entire field really well.

1 minute ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Well the only reason i have confidence in Ward and Thaiss is that they can't be any worst than Cozart and Valbuena.

Heck if they both hit about 250 and an OPB around 320, i'll take it as improvement.

But i think they'll be fine, i was looking at Wards stats a few days ago and i found out that he use the entire filed really well, I believe he has an 40 % rate of going to Right field, 35 % left and 15% to center. Pretty good for!

For thaiss i believe some of the home runs may turn into double, but he also use the entire field really well.

Yes they can be worse .

I have heard the samething about Wood

"Cant be worse than Aybar"

5 minutes ago, thebloob said:

I love how people just say to trade for people without realizing that there isn’t much to trade.  Who wants valbuena and a .220 hitting Kinsler.  Any trades further undermines the angels already underwhelming minors pipeline.  Think for the future, lost year.  

First i never said to trade valbuena, he's either on the bench as a pitch hitter or late-inning replacement or DFA. Kinsler is doing much better the last 30 plus game, Look at what Billy got for Cron, Smith and Hernandez . For two reliever he  got us two prospects that have the potential to be back of the rotation arms, for Cron he may have gotten us a starting 2nd baseman. There's always a chance with Billy.

10 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

No sir, it applies to the win loss record. should have added the dash(-) I apologize.

basically since we are at 500, I'm treating 0-0. Forget what has happen. the past 30 games or so.

I like @calscuf definition better.

The issue right now is that we are not 0-0, we are 0-10.  We are 10 qames out of the second wild card after our most recent ass kicking at the hands of the BoSox.   Can we make up 10 games, thats the only real question.  Considering the state of the roster right now, im not optimistic.