• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Most disappointing season since 95

2012 is by far the most disappointing season. Huge offseason signings. A rotation of Weaver, Haren, Wilson, Santana, Greinke (for 2 months) and an offense that had 3 30+ HR guys. That team actually had hype and expectations. No one expected the 2018 Angels to have the start they did and compete. We all figured they'd contend for the 2nd WC spot which is somewhat where they are currently.

6 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

A conservative estimate says that bad luck has cost the Angels 10 games this year. Basic math says that means they finish with 92 wins. Any kind of makeup luck in the 2nd half and they fnish with 95-100. 

I'll take it.

if we win 100 games this year, I'll buy you a plane.  

5 hours ago, True Grich said:

2005 will always be one of the most disappointing; especially the way it ended.

AJ PIerzynski... Josh Paul...  Doug Eddings... 

It haunts me to this day.  That one play changed everything. They never recovered.  I was certain they were going to the WS that year. 

Exactly, if down 0-2, would Chicago pitchers still have dominated the Halos here in games 3-5 like they did?   There was Colon's absence from the ALCS to still deal with.

7 hours ago, stormngt said:

Not being the Rangers Orioles or Royals does not diminish the disappointment 

Yeah, but saying this season is the most disappointing season since '95 is somewhat hyperbole as the season isn't over yet. Although I respect you feeling that way especially with the way the team is playing, and all of the injuries.

Just now, John Taylor said:

Yeah, but saying this season is the most disappointing season since '95 is somewhat hyperbole as the season isn't over yet. Although I respect you feeling that way especially with the way the team is playing, and all of the injuries.

It shouldn't be hard to interpret that it's most disappointing to date.  Of course  a playoff appearance would ease the disappointment 

9 hours ago, nando714 said:

If there was ever a year to win title #2 , 2005 was it

we would have smashed Houston in 4 games

If healthy, the 2004 team would have done damage, too. (Boston was stacked, though).

2008 and 9 should have been our years, too. Not just because we went to the playoffs, but the teams were stacked.