• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Acquire Deck McGuire, Designate Juan Graterol For Assignment

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/06/rangers-trade-deck-mcguire-angels-juan-graterol-dfa.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

The Angels announced Tuesday that they’ve acquired right-hander Deck McGuirefrom the Rangers in exchange for cash. In order to clear a spot on the 40-man roster, catcher Juan Graterol has been designated for assignment. McGuire will head to Triple-A Salt Lake, per the Angels’ announcement.

I think this move is more about replenishing SLC after all the call-ups than it is helping the MLB club.

Decent minor league numbers and ability to pitch in rotation or pen. Daniel Wright 2.0

He's probably close to the DFA chopping block again in near future and may be a guy they hope to outright and keep stashed in SLC too.

48 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I think this move is more about replenishing SLC after all the call-ups than it is helping the MLB club.

Decent minor league numbers and ability to pitch in rotation or pen. Daniel Wright 2.0

He's probably close to the DFA chopping block again in near future and may be a guy they hope to outright and keep stashed in SLC too.

well shit im glad thats the priority, lol 

I think it is funny that some people are under the impression that this is either the only move the team plans on making to take care of the bullpen or that some people think the Angels are not working on other moves because they were too focused on this move.  Either way, it is funny.  

9 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

I think it is funny that some people are under the impression that this is either the only move the team plans on making to take care of the bullpen or that some people think the Angels are not working on other moves because they were too focused on this move.  Either way, it is funny.  

Its the only one that has been done, thats a fact.  
Well see what the next month brings i guess, if it even matters by then, but this is where he chose to spend his time today, again, fact.
Also since we all know by the reports that we were in on Herrera, it also tells us that we likely wont get anyone of substance if he wasnt willing to pay what the Nats paid, which was by and large nothing of significance, for a proven closer.  There is no way we couldnt have at least matched that deal if we wanted to, period.
you can continue to believe in whatever the plan is if you wish, until i see something tangible aside from being part of conversations im not giving that credit. 

10 minutes ago, floplag said:

Its the only one that has been done, thats a fact.  
Well see what the next month brings i guess, if it even matters by then, but this is where he chose to spend his time today, again, fact.
Also since we all know by the reports that we were in on Herrera, it also tells us that we likely wont get anyone of substance if he wasnt willing to pay what the Nats paid, which was by and large nothing of significance, for a proven closer.  There is no way we couldnt have at least matched that deal if we wanted to, period.
you can continue to believe in whatever the plan is if you wish, until i see something tangible aside from being part of conversations im not giving that credit. 

I have no idea if we will get anyone of substance and neither do you.  Your opinion that we won’t get anyone better is just that an opinion. You have no idea if they weren’t willing to pay the price for a rental but are willing to pay the price for a solution beyond this season.  Of course we could have outbid what the final price was, but in Eppler’s eyes it wasn’t worth it.  Was it not worth it because he doesn’t want to pay two top 20 prospects for 3.5 months of a pitcher that will likely throw 30 innings?  Or was it not worth it because he can either get better value or a longer term piece.  I would never ask you to give him credit for a trade like this.  But to think it means anything is ignorant.  This is the type of move that before the internet happened and no one knew or cared about.  

28 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I have no idea if we will get anyone of substance and neither do you.  Your opinion that we won’t get anyone better is just that an opinion. You have no idea if they weren’t willing to pay the price for a rental but are willing to pay the price for a solution beyond this season.  Of course we could have outbid what the final price was, but in Eppler’s eyes it wasn’t worth it.  Was it not worth it because he doesn’t want to pay two top 20 prospects for 3.5 months of a pitcher that will likely throw 30 innings?  Or was it not worth it because he can either get better value or a longer term piece.  I would never ask you to give him credit for a trade like this.  But to think it means anything is ignorant.  This is the type of move that before the internet happened and no one knew or cared about.  

its funny how looking at facts and basing an opinion on what has been done is ignorant, yet basing it on what could be done is somehow accurate in your mind? 
I get it, you want to believe, you want there to be more, so do i, but you are basing your opinion on literally nothing but hope.  
Regardless calling someone ignorant for stating facts isnt exactly logical. 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

its funny how looking at facts and basing an opinion on what has been done is ignorant, yet basing it on what could be done is somehow accurate in your mind? 
I get it, you want to believe, you want there to be more, so do i, but you are basing your opinion on literally nothing but hope.  
Regardless calling someone ignorant for stating facts isnt exactly logical. 

comedy central fencing GIF