• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Supreme Court decision of the day

18 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

The language in their dress code is what enabled a lawsuit. The principle wrote a code out of a 1950's mind set that triggered libs. Re-write the code without the misogyny and they have no basis for a suit.

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

it has to be modest. we don't have any kind of "it must be xxxx inches long or reach the knee" kind of language in our dress code, although we did at one time.

we had a 7th grader this past year that wore very short skirts. she told us it was because she didn't want to spend the money on new skirts yet. she may have been going through a growth spurt but her skirts were short all year long. we're hopeful it won't be a problem next year, and the girl in question has said it won't. we'll see.

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

The ruling "is a victory for North Carolina’s students attending public charter schools, and should put charter schools across the country on notice that they must follow the same rules as traditional public schools when it comes to guaranteeing students’ equal educational opportunities," said Galen Sherwin, the students' lawyer at the American Civil Liberties Union.

LOL, what a load of crap. from what little i've seen, high school girls will wear whatever they think will attract the attention they seek. this has zero to do with "equal educational opportunities." 

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

So the only solution to "what little you've seen" is to force them to wear skirts? 

Tank is a teacher.  I think he knows a bit about teenagers.  

You want me to give you a more in-depth description of my testicles?

We’re both kind of experts in each field.

9 minutes ago, cals said:

Tank is a teacher.  I think he knows a bit about teenagers.  

You want me to give you a more in-depth description of my testicles?

We’re both kind of experts in each field.

Don’t discount his experience  He’s probably the subject matter expert with balls under the skirt  

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

So the only solution to "what little you've seen" is to force them to wear skirts? 

skirts aren't required at my school. girls can wear shorts, skirts, or pants. not sure how you're coming to this conclusion.

2 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Don’t discount his experience  He’s probably the subject matter expert with balls under the skirt  

While giving a man shit is the sincerest form of flattery, Arch is one of the good guys here.  I doubt he’s even encountered an Asian lady with a surprise up the skirt.

28 minutes ago, Tank said:

skirts aren't required at my school. girls can wear shorts, skirts, or pants. not sure how you're coming to this conclusion.

But they were required at the school in the case. That’s all the ruling did was say they can’t enforce their own dress code at a publicly funded school 

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

So does this mean every state can now concealed carry without a permit?

No, you still need a permit.  You will still need a background check.  They can still not give you one if you are a felon or other similar instances.  It's just that you don't have to give a cause like so many states require.  So for some areas like I think LA and SF, really they disqualify you unless you are like law enforcement or have an imminent threat on you.