• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Supreme Court decision of the day

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

No, you still need a permit.  You will still need a background check.  They can still not give you one if you are a felon or other similar instances.  It's just that you don't have to give a cause like so many states require.  So for some areas like I think LA and SF, really they disqualify you unless you are like law enforcement or have an imminent threat on you.  

Or have money and donate to campaigns like the Santa Clara sheriff that got indicted for that 

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I see, so in TN prior to last summer you could pay a couple hundred bucks and take a handgun safety course and get a lifetime carry permit as a result. Sounds like something similar would be an option in California instead of having to interview with the sherif and convince them.

No, there would still be requirements you have to meet. Here in California you have to renew the permit every two years. There is an 8 hour training requirement for the initial permit and 4 hour legal update upon renewal. You must qualify with the guns on your permit too. Those things won’t change.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

No, you still need a permit.  You will still need a background check.  They can still not give you one if you are a felon or other similar instances.  It's just that you don't have to give a cause like so many states require.  So for some areas like I think LA and SF, really they disqualify you unless you are like law enforcement or have an imminent threat on you.  

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I see, so in TN prior to last summer you could pay a couple hundred bucks and take a handgun safety course and get a lifetime carry permit as a result. Sounds like something similar would be an option in California instead of having to interview with the sherif and convince them.

The biggest thing to come from this ruling is the instructions to lower courts to use an analysis of text, history and tradition in reviewing 2A cases. Courts like the 9th and 2nd circuits use an intermediate scrutiny so it’s easy for them to state restrictions are constitutional. Right now the 9th circuit is sitting on Miller v Becerra (California assault weapons ban) waiting for this ruling so it will be interesting to see how they rule now 

7 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Hell yeah dude. When are you going to arm up and stop a school shooting?

Murdering Heather Heyer.  Murdering Brian Sicknick.  4 dead in Niger.  But he magicawy pro life because he white republican man and not black democrat man.  Fuck off you racist crackkker honkkkies.

317408912_trumpprolife.thumb.jpg.50fed8f5c1784459460f7e50117b7b0e.jpg

You can't be pro life and anti covid vax by letting pregnant women die of covid and being okay with AR15s decapitating kids at school.  Simple as that.

1597724900_nowfuckoff.gif.aca77cecb753476c86e1f4f6907899c7.gif

6-3.  

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, ending 50 years of federal abortion rights

Let the overthrow of the government, wait it's lib, so riots, no wait, peaceful protests begin.

The court’s controversial but expected ruling gives individual states the power to set their own abortion laws without concern of running afoul of Roe, which had permitted abortions during the first two trimesters of pregnancy.

7 minutes ago, cals said:

Thomas in a concurring opinion said there the court should re-examine the cases that  made contraception and gay marriage legal.

This is what the draft said. We've all been warned about it for months now.

Question.  Now that Roe v Wade has been repealed, and it's back in the states hands.  Could a state allow abortions up to the day of birth of a child?  That is one thing that Roe v Wade established, that abortion was allowed till the 2/3 point.  I think the wording was emryo viability outside the womb or something like that.  

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Question.  Now that Roe v Wade has been repealed, and it's back in the states hands.  Could a state allow abortions up to the day of birth of a child?  That is one thing that Roe v Wade established, that abortion was allowed till the 2/3 point.  I think the wording was emryo viability outside the womb or something like that.  

Even better. Now Jason’s parents can abort him even though he’s in the 147th trimester.

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I guess so. Hopefully, moving forward, the court doesn't try to add and remove constitutional rights on their own so we can avoid this drama