• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani vs Tanaka

MLB is making noise about the all Asian pitching matchup on Sunday.   Tanaka has barely gotten by with some tremendous support from the Yankee bats.   The real matchup is Ohtani vs the aforementioned Yankee bats.  The Yankees are deep and seem to be firing on all cylinders right now.   A much greater challenge for Ohtani than the Oakland and Tampa Bay lineups he has faced.  

13 minutes ago, LAAMike said:

MLB is making noise about the all Asian pitching matchup on Sunday.   Tanaka has barely gotten by with some tremendous support from the Yankee bats.   The real matchup is Ohtani vs the aforementioned Yankee bats.  The Yankees are deep and seem to be firing on all cylinders right now.   A much greater challenge for Ohtani than the Oakland and Tampa Bay lineups he has faced.  

Oakland (2) and Tampa Bay (1) are both average offenses in the AL, not the cupcakes everyone makes them out to be. He's also started against Boston (1), Houston (1) and Minny (1). The closest thing to a tanking offense he's seen has been the Twins, and they've just been underperforming, rather than actually sucking. 

Don't fall for that mainstream BS. He's been legit. Just wait until he gets a true easy matchup against the White Sox, Royals, Orioles or Rangers. 

(#) = starts against opponent 

8 hours ago, nando714 said:

Ohtani in New York , tons of pressure, I don’t think he likes that kind of pressure yet. Jmo

Based on, what?  As far as I can tell, kid is immune to pressure. Comes to the states and sucks air in Spring training because.... well apparently, because he doesn't care what anybody else thinks - he KNOWS who he is and what he can do.  REALLY curious about your reasoning

9 hours ago, 101halo said:

Oakland (2) and Tampa Bay (1) are both average offenses in the AL, not the cupcakes everyone makes them out to be. He's also started against Boston (1), Houston (1) and Minny (1). The closest thing to a tanking offense he's seen has been the Twins, and they've just been underperforming, rather than actually sucking. 

Don't fall for that mainstream BS. He's been legit. Just wait until he gets a true easy matchup against the White Sox, Royals, Orioles or Rangers. 

(#) = starts against opponent 

Tampa Bay has the 2nd highest batting average in all of baseball behind the bosox.

6 minutes ago, CubsFan said:

Tampa Bay has the 2nd highest batting average in all of baseball behind the bosox.

In fact, by oWAR, Oakland is the 7th best team in baseball, Tampa Bay is 6th, Houston is 5th, and Boston is 4th - though that is sort of a bunk data point. The only below average team he's played was the twins, who are 20th right now but came in pretty hot.

That being said, the Yankees are #2 in oWAR, only behind the red hot Braves. This will be a tough challenge. But, if Ohtani is able to hit his spots, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't mow them down.

1 hour ago, NJHalo said:

I hope to be there Sunday, but the weather forecast is not looking good!

I see 76 degrees and 30% chance of PM showers.  The game starts at 11:05am EST.  Hopefully, rain stays away.  Also looks like the Saturday night game might be more affected by rain. 

11 hours ago, Pablo said:

Based on, what?  As far as I can tell, kid is immune to pressure. Comes to the states and sucks air in Spring training because.... well apparently, because he doesn't care what anybody else thinks - he KNOWS who he is and what he can do.  REALLY curious about your reasoning

I’m nervous as well mostly because of his getting shelled against Boston. I am excited yet nervous about the NYY match up

52 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I’m nervous as well mostly because of his getting shelled against Boston. I am excited yet nervous about the NYY match up

He got "shelled" against Boston (3 ER in 2 IP) because of his blisters.

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

He got "shelled" against Boston (3 ER in 2 IP) because of his blisters.

Didn’t make it out of the 2nd is not a good look. He didn’t have anything that night. If he pitched 4 or 5innings it would have been even worse