• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

iPhone 5 battery help needed

Tank

got an iphone 5 less than two weeks ago and am having a lot of trouble with the battery holding its charge, especially at night. was so concerned about it losing anywhere from 12-22% of it's power that i took the phone in to the apple store and had them run diagnostics on it. it didn't reveal any problems, but they were willing to exchange it for a new phone free of charge. i was relieved.

brought the new phone home, got it all charged up, and it's got the same exact problem. i read three articles yesterday and have shut off a lot of things, including blue tooth and all location services, but i'm still losing about 22% battery life each night.

i know about double clicking the home button and clearing out all things that you have been using (apps, music, phone book, etc.).

whatever is draining the battery, i can't seem to find it. any ideas? 

/in before replay 

Tank, it shouldn't be losing that much battery.  Do you live in an area with poor service?  Do you have many apps installed?  Most of the time its an app that runs in the background and kills battery.

Do you have it updated to the latest version of iOS?

Adjusting the brightness helps. When you're losing the 22% or so of battery what are you doing?

i have the brightness turned down a bit, but i also use auto-adjust for that. i don't ever use full brightness for my screen.

at night, my phone just sits by my bed. i don't have any apps or music running. it just sits there, losing power, no visible reason why.

Tank, it shouldn't be losing that much battery.  Do you live in an area with poor service?  Do you have many apps installed?  Most of the time its an app that runs in the background and kills battery.

Do you have it updated to the latest version of iOS?

service is fine in my area. have updated to the latest ios. don't run any apps while i'm sleeping.

i'm sure it's something simple that i just need to turn off, but after all the searching i've done and articles i've read, i still can't find it.

i have the brightness turned down a bit, but i also use auto-adjust for that. i don't ever use full brightness for my screen.

at night, my phone just sits by my bed. i don't have any apps or music running. it just sits there, losing power, no visible reason why.

If you live in a poor cell reception area, constantly searching for a signal can drain the battery quite a bit.  Even if you aren't using the Apps they can run in the background, waiting for an event.  Like games waiting for someone to take their turn, etc.

You dont charge your phone over night?

Not if I don't need to. I'm not on it for hours at a time during the day. I rotate between my phone, iPad, and computer.

A full charge usually lasts me two days.