• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should we bat Ohtani full-time?

laagamer

He's doing both about as well as I would expect a first time foreign player. He's seemingly made a smooth transition while doing well as a pitcher and hitter. He'll only continue to get more comfortable which should lead to more success. Concurrently the league will make adjustments to him which he will have to adjust back from. I'm sure well see a sub .200 BA from him as well as an era above 4. I think we will definitely reap the rewards of this pickup in years 2 and 3.

8 hours ago, Blarg said:

The Ohtani problem is he is only a month into his MLB career and he's missing time for blisters and a twisted ankle. Any more incidents and he's Shohei Itzuris. 

That definitely seems to be the problem with his pitching. The fact he can't throw his splitter seems to be killing his potential on the mound. 

But we know why he couldn’t throw the splitter.   Because of the blister.  I don’t know.  It seems to add up to me.  The jury is still out but I don’t see a lot of reason for excessive pessimism around Ohtani the pitcher.  The potential is tremendous and seemingly attainable. 

On 4/29/2018 at 10:38 AM, laagamer said:

He honestly looks a bit wild. Even before the Boston start. I mean, I guess he's "effectively wild". But, I think he just needs a bit more seasoning on the mound than at the plate is all I'm saying.

I see some things that need work for all the starters, not just Ohtani.  Maybe they should all either give up pitching or be sent down.