• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Felix Hernandez hit in right arm by line drive

jordan

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/felix-hernandez-exits-mariners-game-vs-the-cubs-after-being-struck-by-a-line-drive/

Video in link

Didn't look good. In comes Arrieta, Lynn, or Cobb?  As much as I dislike Seattle, I hate to see one of the games best get hurt before the season starts. Extent of injury TBD. 

I know that Hernandez was hit by a line drive while he was pitching, and that’s a situation that no pitcher has control over. But what about a pitcher when he takes his turn at bat, as in the National League. Or in the case of the Angels, when Ohtani bats.

Ohtani bats left-handed which exposes his right pitching arm to the pitcher. It’s been speculated that Ohtani will be pitched inside a lot this year which could result in his being HBP in the right arm several times. If he’s hit in the right elbow, or sustains a severe bruise to his pitching arm, he may not be able to finish pitching the game. Or possibly be out for an even longer period of time. Is this something that Ohtani, or the Angels should be concerned about?

33 minutes ago, fanfromday1 said:

I know that Hernandez was hit by a line drive while he was pitching, and that’s a situation that no pitcher has control over. But what about a pitcher when he takes his turn at bat, as in the National League. Or in the case of the Angels, when Ohtani bats.

Ohtani bats left-handed which exposes his right pitching arm to the pitcher. It’s been speculated that Ohtani will be pitched inside a lot this year which could result in his being HBP in the right arm several times. If he’s hit in the right elbow, or sustains a severe bruise to his pitching arm, he may not be able to finish pitching the game. Or possibly be out for an even longer period of time. Is this something that Ohtani, or the Angels should be concerned about?

He wears three different pieces of body armor on his hand, elbow, and lower leg while he bats and then he was wearing some foofy looking glove when he got on base....  So it's not like they aren't trying to shield him from getting dinged.

13 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Ohtani bats left-handed which exposes his right pitching arm to the pitcher. It’s been speculated that Ohtani will be pitched inside a lot this year which could result in his being HBP in the right arm several times. If he’s hit in the right elbow, or sustains a severe bruise to his pitching arm, he may not be able to finish pitching the game.

He won't hit on days he pitches unless it's in NL park.

34 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

He won't hit on days he pitches unless it's in NL park.

Not that it bothers me but how did you get someone else's comments to appear as if I had said them?   Lol.... Was reading your response and wondering ....when did I say any of that...  Had me thinking I was suffering from some odd memory loss

On 2/27/2018 at 5:36 AM, totdprods said:

Looks like Felix avoided major injury - just a bad contusion and is day to day.

Still have to think he'll be out for a week or two though, and seeing as how it was his first or second spring inning, he'll still need to get some work in and stretch out, so he may not be ready opening day.

Felix gets hit by a line drive on his throwing arm: day to day.

An Angels SP sneezes: Tommy John.

On February 28, 2018 at 1:45 AM, Inside Pitch said:

Not that it bothers me but how did you get someone else's comments to appear as if I had said them?   Lol.... Was reading your response and wondering ....when did I say any of that...  Had me thinking I was suffering from some odd memory loss

Perhaps you need a foofy helmet