• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

BillJamesOnline: Release Pujols

YouthofToday

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think a lot of it goes back to his poor foot speed and his mental disposition. He doesn't think he can run the bases, or score from first so he is trying to hit homeruns. 

totally agree.  why go the other way and hit a single off the wall or get thrown out at 2b?  I get that mentality and it can work for a bit, but eventually they just threw him a ton of off speed away that he rolled over on because there were few less milliseconds to recognize that pitch.  So it morphed into horrible pitch recognition.  Maybe with the wall lowered, he can adjust and get some cheap hrs as well as leg out the occasional oppo double.  

47 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I'm also with Chuck and in giving him one final chance top prove he can still hit at a respectable level. 

And if he can't.... put him on a fucking skewer, because I've already had about enough of his shit.

I let the little boy fan in me hope for the best, but I give it 3 months of 2018.

Lucy can pull the ball away from Charlie Brown just so many times right?  Or are we required to always always always hope this time will be different?

I am at my limit come July 1.

Wins and losses matter more.  I am loyal and optimistic but not to a fault.

Charlie Brown as a placekicker was optimistic to a fault.

On 2/26/2018 at 2:52 PM, SuperTroopers said:

Because he’s a pitcher first. He’s going to DH 2-3 days a week.  This isn’t a Albert or Ohtani thing, stop trying to make it out to be.  

There’s talk about using Ohtani as a DH more often than originally projected. 

"Right now, we are working into some things," Scioscia said. "When the season starts, we'll see."

Albert Pujols' ability to play first base occasionally would also play into the time Ohtani could spend as a DH.

This^^^^^^^^^^

Let’s see how that plays out.