• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout wins AL MVP in 2018, Ohtani wins AL ROY, Angels make postseason?

I know that not a lot of people collect MLB magazines that tells us their predictions (players who will win awards after the season, which teams are going to make the postseason, and which team will win the World Series)  for every upcoming season. But I do collect those type of magazines. So, last week, I collected MLB Athlon 2018 Preview and it predicted that Trout will win AL MVP in 2018, Otani will win AL Rookie of the Year, and the Angels making it back to the postseason. I know that these are just predictions but hey, maybe all of these things will happen. It's not crazy for people to think that all of these things could happen.

Note: They also predicted that the Astros will beat the Nationals in the World Series, which I found kind of odd since the Nationals haven't won a postseason series since they became the Washington Nationals.

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

Trout wins MVP with MLB's first 11 win season in however long. Ohtani wins ROY, places third in CY Young and fifth in MVP voting, accumulates 7 wins above replacement. Kinsler wins World Series MVP.

Don't see an 11 WAR season by Trout as being impossible to do. No fluke injuries this season, though!

20 hours ago, Billy_Ball said:

Mike Scioscia Manager of the Year.

I think he did a tremendous job last year despite of what happened on the Angels and I think that if the Angels had made the postseason, he would have gotten some serious consideration for the AL Manager of the Year.

If Mike Trout doesn't win the MVP at least two of three things happened:

1) He got injured for 30+ games (unlikely, considering his usual health)

2) He played to his floor level (.290/.400/.550, 35 HR, 8 WAR)

3) Someone else had an ungodly season

But given his performance trajectory and health, something like .315/.450/.650 with 45 HR and 10 WAR is well within reach next year. Not to mention 120+ Runs and RBI. So yeah, MVP.

6 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Baseball Reference projections for Richards are hopefully underestimating him.

Untitled.thumb.png.5476e0ab3e31f1b0cf0957c7362a5d96.png

If he only throws 77 innings we are in big trouble. His ERA estimate is 1 poibt higher than I would expect also. And somehow he manages 1 save.

i'm going to seriously regret asking this, but what is BF?

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Baseball Reference projections for Richards are hopefully underestimating him.

Untitled.thumb.png.5476e0ab3e31f1b0cf0957c7362a5d96.png

If he only throws 77 innings we are in big trouble. His ERA estimate is 1 point higher than I would expect also. And somehow he manages 1 save.

I'm pretty confuse on how Baseball Reference predicts that he gets that 1 save during the 2018 regular season. I guess it'll come in the Wild Card Tiebreaker. If they think that, yes sir!

2 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

I'm pretty confuse on how Baseball Reference predicts that he gets that 1 save during the 2018 regular season. I guess it'll come in the Wild Card Tiebreaker. If they think that, yes sir!

If Richards only throws 77 innings chances are thin we make the playoffs. He needs 177 innings then you're talking.

2 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

If Richards only throws 77 innings chances are thin we make the playoffs. He needs 177 innings then you're talking.

Yeah, he could still throw 77 innings and they can still make the postseason but that's slim. Would need Ohtani to pitch like an ace like he did in Japan AND Shoemaker to pitch like the 2014 version if Richards can't even throw 80 innings this year.