• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Poll: Will The Angels Now Retire #27 for Vlad?

Spirit

Will The Angels Now Retire #27 for Vlad?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Will The Angels Now Retire #27 for Vlad?

Trout obviously won't give up #27 because he's a big fan of the 1927 Yankees, widely considered to be the greatest team in history. The Yankees also have not retired that number. He obviously wants to be a Yankee.

On September 11, 2001, the towers fell, as well as WTC 7. In New York. Flight 93 took off from New Jersey, Trout's home state before being downed in PA. Flight 93. 9x3=27. 

Wake. The. Fuck. Up.

SHEEPLE.

14 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Trout obviously won't give up #27 because he's a big fan of the 1927 Yankees, widely considered to be the greatest team in history. The Yankees also have not retired that number. He obviously wants to be a Yankee.

On September 11, 2001, the towers fell, as well as WTC 7. In New York. Flight 93 took off from New Jersey, Trout's home state before being downed in PA. Flight 93. 9x3=27. 

Wake. The. Fuck. Up.

SHEEPLE.

Don’t forget that the Yankees have a vacancy in Monument Park.

A54CBB37-A7D1-4059-A12F-79111CEDAA98.jpeg

9 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Wake. The. Fuck. Up.

SHEEPLE.

Ok, this might be the best one of these you have done.  Well done.  

Some of you obviously believe that Vlad is among the all - time great Angels but I am not so sure. I think others are more deserving of having their jerseys retired. 

Regarding what the Angels will do, hard to tell. I predicted 'no' they won't retire the number.

11 hours ago, Jay said:

Some of you obviously believe that Vlad is among the all - time great Angels but I am not so sure. I think others are more deserving of having their jerseys retired. 

Regarding what the Angels will do, hard to tell. I predicted 'no' they won't retire the number.

I kinda think Vlad got kicked to the curb for a while and now there’s a lot of backpedaling going on. They should’ve planned for this and left his number unclaimed. They immediately gave it to Michael Ryan so the door did hit Vlad in the ass. It’s all water under the bridge now. I’m very happy he made it to the Hof. He deserves it. 

22 hours ago, Blarg said:

Vlad's career slash line as an Angels player  .319/.381/.546/.927 

Yes, that makes him one of the all time best players that ever wore an Angels uniform. 

That's fair but if you want to look at things statiscally: https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/ANA/

Of the team's all-time top 24 players Vlad comes in at #16, behind Erick Aybar and ahead of Troy Glaus.

55 minutes ago, Jay said:

That's fair but if you want to look at things statiscally: https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/ANA/

Of the team's all-time top 24 players Vlad comes in at #16, behind Erick Aybar and ahead of Troy Glaus.

how does vlad not have more WAR than aybar??

and i'm not sure what metric to use, but is WAR really the best tool for this? if i'm having a discussion about the greatest players in angels history, aybar isn't even on my radar.

On 1/26/2018 at 11:06 PM, tdawg87 said:

Wake. The. Fuck. Up.

SHEEPLE.

Is he a member of the Illuminati? A Free Mason? Is he Deep State? All of the above?

On 1/27/2018 at 10:09 AM, Jay said:

Sure they will. Once Trout becomes a Phillie/Yankee.

22 hours ago, Tank said:

how does vlad not have more WAR than aybar??

and i'm not sure what metric to use, but is WAR really the best tool for this? if i'm having a discussion about the greatest players in angels history, aybar isn't even on my radar.

10 seasons vs 6 

Anyone who thinks Erick Aybar was a better player than Vlad as an Angel is as crazy as Erick Aybar 

What’s the rush, they should wait on retiring #27 until all of the dust has settled.

If Trout signs a lifetime contract they should hold everything and save that #27 for undoubtedly the greatest homegrown Angel of them all. He may end up being the greatest player of them all. If Trout leaves, then switch gears, move on and retire #27 for Vlad. 

Oh and before we discuss what to do with #27 we should take care of #36.

48 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

What’s the rush, they should wait on retiring #27 until all of the dust has settled.

If Trout signs a lifetime contract they should hold everything and save that #27 for undoubtedly the greatest homegrown Angel of them all. He may end up being the greatest player of them all. If Trout leaves, then switch gears, move on and retire #27 for Vlad. 

Oh and before we discuss what to do with #27 we should take care of #36.

Obv for Fernando Valenzuela.