• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel Stadium to have full protective netting behind dugouts

Chuck

inevitable, especially after that little girl got hit bad last year.  i don't like watching games through the netting, i try to find close seats with no netting, so no idea if those seats exist any more or will be worth the bother.  whatever, i only go a few times a year, maybe i'll just get seats closer now since i'd have to deal with the netting regardless.  personally i don't think it is true to say the netting doesn't impact the view, sure you can see the whole field just fine EXCEPT for the tiny white ball zipping around at 100mph.  I was at a quakes game last year behind the netting and no one within 3 rows of me could track the ball off the bat.

11 hours ago, ScottT said:

When has a team been sued successfully over a foul ball injury?

Searching on this topic first brought me to this...

https://nypost.com/2017/10/24/yankee-fan-hit-in-the-face-by-foul-ball-loses-injury-lawsuit/

Did you read the date of the injury in that article? Now look at this and pay attention to the date https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mlb.com/159233076-mlb-issues-recommendations-on-netting.amp.html

Having a recommendation by MLB to extend the netting, and having many clubs agree and follow the recommendations makes all the difference in the legal world for teams that don't follow the recommendation. That guideline by MLB established what is reasonable, and any club not following it is being unreasonable. Any half-witted 1L (well, they all are half-witted, so, should I say quarter-witted?) could win a verdict after that recommendation came out. 

On 1/24/2018 at 11:55 PM, Dave Saltzer said:

Did you read the date of the injury in that article? Now look at this and pay attention to the date https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mlb.com/159233076-mlb-issues-recommendations-on-netting.amp.html

Having a recommendation by MLB to extend the netting, and having many clubs agree and follow the recommendations makes all the difference in the legal world for teams that don't follow the recommendation. That guideline by MLB established what is reasonable, and any club not following it is being unreasonable. Any half-witted 1L (well, they all are half-witted, so, should I say quarter-witted?) could win a verdict after that recommendation came out. 

Exactly. Any 1L in law school torts class would know this  would likely establish a duty from the stadium/team to put up netting . And not putting netting would be a breach of that duty. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

don't really want to bring my family to a game where I have to be on guard for every pitch and potentially protect 3 people from what amounts to a rock being slung at 100+mph.  

maybe you should have to prove that you've played at least two years of high school varsity baseball in order to come to a game.  

people objecting to this probably also object to kids being in car seats or boosters.  'I never got hurt'