• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2017 World Series Thread

Blarg

Official 2017 World Series Thread  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team Wins It All?

• Astros
    • Dodgers

3 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Turns out they were in-laws. Just saw a bit on the evening news. The wife said she was just disappointed that SHE didnt get the chance to throw it back.

I dont get this whole thing. I know it's a Wrigley Field thing. But I would never throw back a WS HR ball. If some guy did that to me,  I would bring charges against him. Plenty of video evidence.

And you would win your lawsuit and be awarded a brand new full value replacement baseball. Judgement in your favor. 

662DF048-63E5-4797-AEEF-1CC5A10507BE.jpeg

Yah I'll be honest, the Halos have been super tough to watch these past couple years, I was so busy there was no way I was checking baseball every day, and once we were out of it back sometime in August, I stopped paying attention. I mean, they probably still had a shot, but let's be real.

The playoffs is where baseball is at. Kinda like NBA basketball. I'll watch the finals. But anything before that is just a long, grueling masturbation.

Don't get me wrong, I love long grueling masturbation, but it get becomes old hat once you hit your 30's.

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Angles need to watch video of Springer, Bregman, Altuve, Correa, and some others in the batter's box, so they can figure out how to hit a damn baseball.

Bregman and (recently) Springer are the only ones of those that have shown the kind of discipline that the Angel hitters need. Altuve and Correa are still free swingers that have succeeded due to hitting bad pitches by Dodger pitchers.

I am seeing much more discipline by Dodger hitters in this series, especially Turner, Puig, Taylor, Pederson and Seager.

It's truly incredible, seeing Puig actually taking close pitches off the plate. He's a very different hitter now.

On 10/28/2017 at 11:46 PM, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I take it you are not one of those advocating for a shorter season. I like baseball the way it is. Come January I'm really anxious for the season to begin but it's still a ways off.

I too like baseball as it is. 

I watch College ball to suffice the offseason and early MLB season.

Depending on the year, there's the MLB / NPB Series every even year, and the WBC every 4 years. 

Also, the Caribbean WS is fun to watch as well, when it's televised.

Finally, come March, Preseason...

Hill had a perfect game earlier this season into the 9th inning. It was broken up by an error. He still had a no-hitter going until giving up a walk-off home run in the 10th and losing the game 1-0. The first time that's ever happened in MLB history.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/PIT/PIT201708230.shtml

Edited by fan_since79

5 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Hill had a perfect game earlier this season into the 9th inning. It was broken up by an error. He still had a no-hitter going until giving up a walk-off home run in the 10th and losing the game 1-0. The first time that's ever happened in MLB history.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/PIT/PIT201708230.shtml

Yeah, very weird game. I remember watching  the Angels having a game like that, altbeit, it was two pitchers that combined to throw a no hitter. This was way back in 2008. Angels pitchers combined to throw a no no and the team still lost to these very same Dodgers. Weaver was on the mound the night that that happened.