• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels’ Jo Adell Impresses On The Field And Off

T.G.

38 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

A must read for all Angels fans. 

I'm excited for 2018 & beyond.

Don't get too comfortable with some of these prospects, as some of them may be gone after this off-season (but hypothetically you'll be welcoming in new MLB players under long-term team control).

But yeah I can't help but get excited at the current potential of what we have.

38 minutes ago, ettin said:

Don't get too comfortable with some of these prospects, as some of them may be gone after this off-season (but hypothetically you'll be welcoming in new MLB players under long-term team control).

But yeah I can't help but get excited at the current potential of what we have.

If Adell can be packaged for a Manny Machado or Arenado (not that COL is looking to trade him, yet), you gotta do it.

51 minutes ago, jordan111280 said:

The window for Baltimore and Machado is getting smaller by the day.  They will want something for him instead of letting him walk. 

Right, but they can get a much better package of prospects from about 25 other teams.

Eppler is like any other GM in that he prefers to have his own mark on his organization. 

Example, Newcomb and Ellis weren't his prospects, and Aybar's value wasn't going to be higher. Simmons was a perfect fit for Eppler's scheme. The trade was made.

Grayson Long wasn't his either. The fact that he was performing so well only opened the door for Billy to trade him. 

But guys like Adell, Deveaux, Canning...., those are guys that Eppler invested a lot of money in. They won't be traded. That probably includes Barria as well. He came from a different regime, but he fits what Eppler likes in a pitcher.

29 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Eppler is like any other GM in that he prefers to have his own mark on his organization. 

Example, Newcomb and Ellis weren't his prospects, and Aybar's value wasn't going to be higher. Simmons was a perfect fit for Eppler's scheme. The trade was made.

Grayson Long wasn't his either. The fact that he was performing so well only opened the door for Billy to trade him. 

But guys like Adell, Deveaux, Canning...., those are guys that Eppler invested a lot of money in. They won't be traded. That probably includes Barria as well. He came from a different regime, but he fits what Eppler likes in a pitcher.

So far he's done well with the defense portion given his limited budget. Now that that opens up a bit, I'd like to see him address pitching so if it takes a few of these outfield prospects to do that so be it.

56 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

So far he's done well with the defense portion given his limited budget. Now that that opens up a bit, I'd like to see him address pitching so if it takes a few of these outfield prospects to do that so be it.

Whatever big-ticket players the Angels acquire — whether from trades or free agency — are likely to be position players. Eppler and Manager Mike Scioscia both expressed confidence on Monday that the answer to most of their pitching issues are currently in-house...

... In addition to Richards, Heaney and Skaggs, Eppler added Matt Shoemaker, JC Ramirez, Parker Bridwell, Nick Tropeano and prospect Jaime Barria to what he considers his eight-man starting depth chart. He said he also hopes to add a couple more, although it doesn’t sound like that would include a marquee free agent like Yu Darvish or Jake Arrieta.

Did anyone really watch any of those swings in the first two videos?.... Talk about Horse SHIT!...... Off balance, behind, horrible hands, worse starting point, late to the game, too much movement of the bat, no rotation, less lower half etc!

I was hoping we would see some of Adell but he wasn't listed... Even the Deveaux swings were meh at best.... 

8 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Did anyone really watch any of those swings in the first two videos?.... Talk about Horse SHIT!...... Off balance, behind, horrible hands, worse starting point, late to the game, too much movement of the bat, no rotation, less lower half etc!

I was hoping we would see some of Adell but he wasn't listed... Even the Deveaux swings were meh at best.... 

Is this a troll post 

10 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Whatever big-ticket players the Angels acquire — whether from trades or free agency — are likely to be position players. Eppler and Manager Mike Scioscia both expressed confidence on Monday that the answer to most of their pitching issues are currently in-house...

... In addition to Richards, Heaney and Skaggs, Eppler added Matt Shoemaker, JC Ramirez, Parker Bridwell, Nick Tropeano and prospect Jaime Barria to what he considers his eight-man starting depth chart. He said he also hopes to add a couple more, although it doesn’t sound like that would include a marquee free agent like Yu Darvish or Jake Arrieta.

Isn't Heaney out for next year?  Or is that Ramirez that is hurt?  Maybe both, I don't know anymore.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Isn't Heaney out for next year?  Or is that Ramirez that is hurt?  Maybe both, I don't know anymore.

Ramirez, but he had the stem cell injection treatment Richards had, and if it works like it did with Richards, he should be back by spring training. Heaney was going to pitch the last start that Norris made except we were eliminated by then so Scoiscia decided against it.

5 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Ramirez, but he had the stem cell injection treatment Richards had, and if it works like it did with Richards, he should be back by spring training. Heaney was going to pitch the last start that Norris made except we were eliminated by then so Scoiscia decided against it.

JC should be ready to go for ST, but he'll be a RP next year. The team hasn't said as much, but he surpassed any expected inning totals without so much of a buildup.

If he comes back healthy from this, they'll keep him in relief, where his upper 90's heat plays well.

18 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

So far, it hasn't been Eppler's MO to acquire high end pitching at all. He buys low on guys worth investing in.

We won't be trading Adell, Jones, Marsh, etc...