• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 MLB Playoffs Thread

Ohtaniland

4 minutes ago, Calzone said:

If the Yankees lose this game and the series I think Girardi is going to get fired. He singlehandedly gave this game away. 

It's quite possible.

I used to write to a knowledgeable Yankee fan, and he once told me, their fanbase grows fickle after a few dry Seasons. 

Yeah, I can see that going down possibly, but not as certain as if Stienbrenner were still alive.... LOL!

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I went to play a few runds of Destiny 2 with my son and come back to this 8-8 tie and wonder WTF happened. 

Judge thrown out but moves the runner to third. 2 outs go ahead at third. 

Seriously. I changed it to the other game, turned it back to see if it was over and it's tied. :o

24 minutes ago, Troutta here said:

After watching these first five AL playoff games, I'm not 100% convinced that the Angels weren't the third best team in the AL this year.

Tere were 3 or 4 or 5 third best teams.

There were 2 great teams in the AL...they will meet to determine who goes to the WS...which is how it should be.

1 minute ago, ThomasSutpen said:

Arizona deserves to get shipped straight out of the playoffs for having two legitimate aces and burning both of them before the NLDS even started. Unbelievable managing. Then there's starting your boy Jeff Mathis but that's a whole other matter. Ultimately I enjoy seeing stupidity punished so I'm inexplicably rooting for LAD.

Funny but I can't help but question the decisions of any team with Mike Butcher as pitching coach.

13 minutes ago, ThomasSutpen said:

Arizona deserves to get shipped straight out of the playoffs for having two legitimate aces and burning both of them before the NLDS even started. Unbelievable managing. Then there's starting your boy Jeff Mathis but that's a whole other matter. Ultimately I enjoy seeing stupidity punished so I'm inexplicably rooting for LAD.

If they don't use Robbie ray they may not be there

11 minutes ago, ThomasSutpen said:

They were up 6-4 going into the 5th inning at home. Hell of a time to throw your arms up in panic and say 'screw every last man in the bullpen, burn me out our best overall starter so he can pitch less than three innings in a role we've never asked of him before.

Some managers will manage a wild card game like game seven of the WS

go figure 

13 minutes ago, ThomasSutpen said:

They were up 6-4 going into the 5th inning at home. Hell of a time to throw your arms up in panic and say 'screw every last man in the bullpen, burn me out our best overall starter so he can pitch less than three innings in a role we've never asked of him before.

True. And if they throw someone else and they lose, they'll have their second best pitcher well rested for spring training. You play to win that game otherwise you lose. I suppose you were against the giants throwing bumgarner in relief in game 7 too since he hadn't done that before too

In case you haven’t noticed a lot of teams are pitching their best pitcher in game 2 of a best of 5.  I’m guessing Ray starts tomorrow, which sets him up for game 5.  The Indians started Bauer in game 1 and alluded in game 2.  Lester is pitching game 2 for the Cubs.