• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Scioscia

tdawg87

After the 2012 season I vowed to refuse to step foot into the Big A until Scioscia is fired.

I went to one Angels/Skanks game in 2014 because a friend insisted that I went (he paid for my ticket) and we did win that game. All my other Angels games have been at Dodgers Stadium.

Please fire Scioscia and I'll go to the Big A. Otherwise, continue to enjoy not having my money Arte.

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Speaking of Arte, I just read that the Angels team is worth over $1.1 billion. Arte paid $184 million for it, so it's now worth six times what he paid for it. And he paid CASH for it. I'm sure he can still afford to spend whatever it takes to get a winning team, luxury tax be damned.

This is exactly whats killing the team, the owner doesn't want to spend money he has just laying around in his nightstand that could get us good players.

I thought Scioscia did a fine job considering the injuries and lack of talent. I don't understand his benching players after a good game and some late game substitutions, but overall he's not the problem. It was Dipoto.

I was OK firing Scioscia when Francona was available but not for Dino or some bench coach. 

I want to know the replacement before I'd jump on this bandwagon. 

50 minutes ago, TooCool said:

After the 2012 season I vowed to refuse to step foot into the Big A until Scioscia is fired.

I went to one Angels/Skanks game in 2014 because a friend insisted that I went (he paid for my ticket) and we did win that game. All my other Angels games have been at Dodgers Stadium.

Please fire Scioscia and I'll go to the Big A. Otherwise, continue to enjoy not having my money Arte.

Aww yeah this what I'm talkin about

48 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Speaking of Arte, I just read that the Angels team is worth over $1.1 billion. Arte paid $184 million for it, so it's now worth six times what he paid for it. And he paid CASH for it. I'm sure he can still afford to spend whatever it takes to get a winning team, luxury tax be damned.

Doesn't that mean it is worth $1.1B if he sells it?  I don't think it means he is netting $1.1B per year.

2 hours ago, Bull58 said:

This is exactly whats killing the team, the owner doesn't want to spend money he has just laying around in his nightstand that could get us good players.

The money isn't laying around. You do understand that the $1.1 billion isn't in his bank account, right? 

2 hours ago, TooCool said:

But I've gone to twice as many games so Arte didn't even miss your money. 

Sorry 

5 hours ago, JoJo26 said:

The fact that he continued to use bums like Bedrock & Norris along with brick gloves Cron & Valbuena shows he's got to go.

I read this post and I’m like yea why did he use those guys.  Then I look at the roster and I say, oh ok, that’s why.  

I have said in the past I think the team needs a new voice, BUT... i do not blame Scoscia for this season coming up short. 
Sure, hes made some questionable moves, and others that made me scratch my head that worked out for him, but the team coming up short was not his fault, not this season.  
I put the blame on the front office for being unwilling to spend till the team literally forced him to do so.  
Now it wont break my heart, i still think a new voice is needed, but im not sure who would be better thats available right now and if it does happen it shouldnt be for cause, but just to change the message. 

15 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

It's really time for a change for this tired, old team. Starts at the top.

Seventeen years now at the helm?? One playoff appearance in eight years, and if you blinked you missed that one.

Please, no more extensions. Give him his retirement tour and thank him for his service.

and that playoff appearance happened partly due to nearly the whole Rangers team being on the DL for the whole year.

The Rangers lost like 99 games or so that year.