• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday: 9/24 Angels/ Astros

Troll Daddy

DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME!!!

GO ANGELS!!! Go Tyler Skaggs!!!

Wins today in Houston and Monday in Chicago get you back to .500!!! DO IT!!!

Go Kole, Mike, Justin, Albert, Brandon, Simba, Luis, CJ and Machete!!!

Whaddya think, guys? Can you get more than a couple of hits? Maybe a multiple of runs?

Don't worry about stage fright from national TV. Everybody will be watching the Raiders.

LET'S GET A WIN!!! :dancing-cat-smiley-emoticon:

The national broadcast announcers, both radio and TV, will undoubtedly bring up the Trout hitting slide in September. Complete with graphic on TV, of course. And it could migrate to his career Sept/Oct numbers.

I kinda feel bad for the kid. He's done everything that is humanly possible to do in a baseball uniform except perform at his usual level in Sept/Oct. But he's gonna catch grief on national TV, I suspect.

I might feel a little worse for him if he wasnt earning 20 mil. But no matter what his salary is, I'm sure HE wishes he could have performed better, down the stretch, too.

I would really like to see Mike concentrate on hitting the high strike better, next season. He takes a lot of high strikes, especially on the first pitch. I understand that his swing is more geared to the low pitch, but he's got to develop a swing that he uses when he is guesses high strike.

8 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

The national broadcast announcers, both radio and TV, will undoubtedly bring up the Trout hitting slide in September. Complete with graphic on TV, of course. And it could migrate to his career Sept/Oct numbers.

I kinda feel bad for the kid. He's done everything that is humanly possible to do in a baseball uniform except perform at his usual level in Sept/Oct. But he's gonna catch grief on national TV, I suspect.

I might feel a little worse for him if he wasnt earning 20 mil. But no matter what his salary is, I'm sure HE wishes he could have performed better, down the stretch, too.

I would really like to see Mike concentrate on hitting the high strike better, next season. He takes a lot of high strikes, especially on the first pitch. I understand that his swing is more geared to the low pitch, but he's got to develop a swing that he uses when he is guesses high strike.

And despite all that, he still has a career OPS of over .900 to go with an OBP of over .400 in September/October. No one would bring up Trout's "struggles" this month if the Angels had a real supporting cast that could pick him up and win games.

12 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Can you please post Trouts career September number?  I have been frustrated with Trouts slump but i believe its an anomoly.  You seem to take joy in suggesting its flaw in his game.

3 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

And despite all that, he still has a career OPS of over .900 to go with an OBP of over .400 in September/October. No one would bring up Trout's "struggles" this month if the Angels had a real supporting cast that could pick him up and win games.

Yes they would.

Who ever made it into the HOF on the basis of a massive amounts of walks? Who ever got their team into the playoffs, simply by drawing lots of walks? Maybe Rickey Henderson, maybe Maury Wills. It's just so rare.

We need Trout to do more than take a walk, when the chips are down. If that means getting him some REAL protection in the lineup, so they are more reluctant to pitch around him, then, "make it so, number one!"

4 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Yes they would.

Who ever made it into the HOF on the basis of a massive amounts of walks? Who ever got their team into the playoffs, simply by drawing lots of walks? Maybe Rickey Henderson, maybe Maury Wills. It's just so rare.

We need Trout to do more than take a walk, when the chips are down. If that means getting him some REAL protection in the lineup, so they are more reluctant to pitch around him, then, "make it so, number one!"

What do you want him to do if pitchers are being little girls and not giving him anything good to hit? And no, they would not bring it up. Winning cures everything.

3 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Yes they would.

Uptown is as real as it's going to get

2 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Can you please post Trouts career September number?  I have been frustrated with Trouts slump but i believe its an anomoly.  You seem to take joy in suggesting its flaw in his game.

I'm no sabermetrician, but here's what you do. 

Go to baseball-reference.com. In the upper part of the home page, plug in Mike Trout and do the search. You will get his player page. Look for the drop down menu entitled "splits" and choose "career" or any year you want.

All his offensive numbers are down, across the board, in Sept/Oct. Especially this year.