• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday: 9/2 Angels@Rangers

Troll Daddy

4 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Yep....In the offseason, I really thought Cron deserved the every day job and I didn't get the Valbuena signing...but he's lost me with his streakiness....I guess he could flip the story with a huge month right now....but if the season ended today, yes, I'd look around at 1b....what we'll never know is what effect signing Valbuena had on him....

I really believe that given the job full time and with health Cron is at worst a league average 1b.  Fully capable of being better then that.  That's a least concern area going into next season imo.  Gotta make sure we retain Upton and figure something out for 2b and 3b. 

We could probably use another pitcher but any number of these issue may have to wait until 2019. 

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I really believe that given the job full time and with health Cron is at worst a league average 1b.  Fully capable of being better then that.  That's a least concern area going into next season imo.  Gotta make sure we retain Upton and figure something out for 2b and 3b. 

We could probably use another pitcher but any number of these issue may have to wait until 2019. 

I thought he deserved the job this year...just didn't get Valbuena and the whole platoon deal...that said, he's struggled enough that I'd still look around.... but you may be right...1b has to be down the list of concerns....we'll see....

7 minutes ago, IIIII said:

Hilarious how quickly you guys are calling for Phillips head after only two games. Figured this forum was more educated than Facebook and ESPN comments but I guess not.

So with 26 games left, when is the official cutoff point for bitching about Phillips? 8 games? 10? 26?

This isn't game 2 of 162. The Angels got him to make an immediate impact. So far, he has done the opposite.

When he actually does something good, I'll gladly give him props and call Eppler a geenyiss.

1 hour ago, CanadianHalo said:

What a f'n win!

Wow!

I hate on CJ more than almost anyone but that dude has bought himself some serious time with me now! 

That Trout-Upton-Pujols-Calhoun stretch looks NICE! Upton looks comfortable hitting between the two and more importantly behind Trout. Maybe the added bat has Pujols re thinking his approach too?

Big win!

You might be on to something there. It's only been two games but it has seemed like Albert's tightened up his approach a bit.

Who knows whether it's a competitive thing with Upton or just less pressure on him because of the added protection in the lineup. Either way, short sample size but it looks encouraging so far.

3 minutes ago, Angelsfirst said:

You might be on to something there. It's only been two games but it has seemed like Albert's tightened up his approach a bit.

Who knows whether it's a competitive thing with Upton or just less pressure on him because of the added protection in the lineup. Either way, short sample size but it looks encouraging so far.

I think there is less pressure on Trout and Pujols.  Phillips will get better, although I worry a little bit about his defense.  Cowart is an amazing fielder, but he still needs to learn to hit consistently.  Upton is a stud, maybe the resilience of this team will impress him and he will decide not to opt out.

Phillips will be fine, he's worked the count well. His defense will come around, Atlanta was using him at 3B recently and not quite everyday. 

The whole lineup looks friggin' great. No one is an easy out.

Albert has shown that he is a dramatically different hitter this year depending on the situation and I could see the lineup depth really helping him.

59 minutes ago, Lou said:

4.77 era

1.41 whip 

That's what some of you are celebrating as a good start by Nolasco.  Way to send those standards high.

He did enough to keep them in the game.  Which is something that most of us wouldn't have bet on.  Especially in Texas.  It's alright to acknowlege that he did good enough.