• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels Notes: Mike Trout donates $27,000 for Harvey relief

ANAHEIM — Mike Trout, like everyone else, has been watching the nightmarish scenes on television from Houston, and he wanted to do something about it.

Trout announced via Twitter on Tuesday that he was donating $27,000 – an amount to correspond to his jersey No. 27 – to aid the relief effort.

“Obviously, we play the Astros and go to that city a few times a year,” Trout said Tuesday. “To see the city, how beautiful it is, and to see the pictures and how devastating it is, the floods have overtaken everything. … It’s the least I can do. Obviously, I can’t go down and help, but I thought every little thing can help.”

Trout also called for “my teammates, fellow MLB players and you to step up to the plate and help with those affected.” Donations can be made at a variety of agencies, most notably the Red Cross (redcross.org).

As for the more mundane matter of Trout’s stiff neck, he was not in the Angels’ lineup for a second straight day on Tuesday. He initially was hurt trying to make a catch against the fence on Sunday.

“It feels alright,” Trout said. “I’m looking to play tomorrow. Should be good. Just taking it one more day, precautionary. I definitely feel better than yesterday.”

The Angels called up Eric Young Jr., adding outfield depth while they wait for Trout to be back in the lineup. Young hit .260 with a .336 on-base percentage with the Angels earlier this season, while Trout was on the disabled list.

NORRIS TO DL

Bud Norris was placed on the disabled list with a sore right knee, a recurrence of the injury that landed him on the disabled list earlier this summer. Young took Norris’ roster spot.

“He’s just battled it here and there,” Manager Mike Scioscia said. “We’ll evaluate him again. A little time away we feel is going to get him to a higher level.”

Norris had been the Angels’ primary closer before losing hold on the job with a rough stretch in late July and early August. He had allowed one run in his last five innings, although he allowed at least one baserunner in each inning.

SEASON OVER FOR BAILEY

Andrew Bailey, who pitched only four innings, said his season is over because of shoulder problems. Bailey had been out for most of the season, but he returned earlier this month, only to aggravate the injury after one game.

He said he’s going to Arizona to spend about a month rehabbing, so he can try to pitch again next year.

“I just think I wouldn’t do myself justice if I didn’t give it a chance to see where I am next year,” he said. “There’s no harm in trying.”

The Angels signed Bailey to a $1 million deal last winter, after he pitched well for them in September 2016.

ALSO

JC Ramirez (elbow strain) said he underwent a platelet-rich plasma injection last Thursday, and he will wait until this Thursday to be re-evaluated. Ramirez said he’s still hoping to pitch this season. …

Alex Meyer (shoulder inflammation) said he will begin ramping up his throwing program on Wednesday, with long toss. Meyer said he is hoping the Angels will be aggressive enough with his rehab to get him back this season. …

Garrett Richards (biceps nerve irritation) is scheduled for three innings at Triple-A on Wednesday, his first game since April. The Angels are expecting to put Richards in their rotation as soon as he can throw about 60 pitches, which could be after as few as two minor league outings. …

Catcher Taylor Ward and first baseman Matt Thaiss, the Angels’ top picks in the 2015 and ’16 drafts, respectively, were among six Angels prospects included when the Arizona Fall League rosters were released on Tuesday. Ward will be returning to the AFL for a second straight season. Pitchers Nate Bates, Samil De Los Santos and Adam Hofacket and outfielder Troy Montgomery are also on the Scottsdale roster. The Angels have one remaining spot on the pitching staff yet to be determined. …

The Angels did not take batting practice on the field for a second straight day, because of the heat, Scioscia said. They instead worked out in the indoor batting cage. “This is extreme,” Scioscia said. “It’s a good time to let them exhale and get their fluids and save it for the game.”

View the full article